Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Personally i hope Spurs keep him. **** clubs like Chelsea.

Indeed its a sad state of affairs, Modric has clearly been as tapped up as Downing. I do feel he will end up at Chelsea however, Spurs always do seem to sell eventually(Carrick, Berbatov and Keane) , but they do better than us at not playing ball.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed its a sad state of affairs, Modric has clearly been as tapped up as Downing. I do feel he will end up at Chelsea however, Spurs always do seem to sell eventually(Carrick, Berbatov and Keane) , but they do better than us at not playing ball.

do they? Spurs usually play hardball and get a good price but downside is they never have time to replace them like when Berbatov left they panic signed Pavlyuchenko and got Frazier Campbell as back up striker

I think Bale will stick around for this season.. though in the future (possibly as near as next season) I don't think he will stay if Spurs don't qualify for CL (which I don't think they will for sometime now)

I dont happen to think he's the brilliant if i'm honest.

Maybe his game would suit a foreign league better, going on his CL performances, but I'm not convinced.

In the PL spurs games I watched last year, he was poor more often than he was great.

He tore us to shreds at Villa Park on boxing day. I was impressed.

I like Spurs. I get that a lot of the hate in this thread is either based on winding up Glaston, or Redknapp saying nasty things about Villa fans as we gave him some (deserved) shit in his first game as a manager post Panorama, but really Spurs are doing everything right in the way that most Villa fans would want us to build a side. They built a squad of players without resorting to the kind of tactics where you take players from rival clubs to weaken them as much as strengthen you that Manchester City and Chelsea (and Liverpool?) have done so often.

You could say I'm one of the ones that 'overrate' Bale. I think he could play for any club side on the planet. Is Dani Alves a great defender? No, yet he suits Barca, the greatest club side, perfectly. Is Maicon a great defender? He's supposed to be. But he's still stitching up his arse after Bale tore him a new one last season. For me, Bale is genuinely world class if you define the term as him being able to walk into any of those sides.

I do think Spurs will keep him this season if only because the focus seems to be on Modric for now. But I can't see him staying there beyond this season.

You could say I'm one of the ones that 'overrate' Bale. I think he could play for any club side on the planet. Is Dani Alves a great defender? No, yet he suits Barca, the greatest club side, perfectly. Is Maicon a great defender? He's supposed to be. But he's still stitching up his arse after Bale tore him a new one last season. For me, Bale is genuinely world class if you define the term as him being able to walk into any of those sides.

I do think Spurs will keep him this season if only because the focus seems to be on Modric for now. But I can't see him staying there beyond this season.

If he were to sign for say Real/Barca who for individuals/teams are the best two teams in the world IMO, he'd be far better suited at left back than a winger. I know people will disagree but I think he can become (not yet) a world class left back where as I think there is a ceiling to his ability as a winger.

He wouldn't get into Barca/Real as a winger but as a full back. I think he'd make a great LB for Barca.

As a winger though, I honestly don't see him more than a top Prem winger and can't see him ever being better than that. (i.e world class)

I agree POB. As a leftback for a top side that doesn't necessarily require great defensive fullbacks; a side that dominates possession like the 2 Spanish sides; I think he is tailor made. And he'll be there sooner rather than later IMO.

No he didn't, Lichaj marked him out the game for the most part and I don't even rate Lichaj. Good run for their 2nd goal but apart from that, did very little.

And that is precisely the point isnt it? Out of nothing in a tight game he took the ball 80 yards beating, what, four opposition players? The ball was in the back of the net and the game was won. That is the spark of brilliance that Gareth Bale brings to the table. He is a superb player, and I think he could be one of the stars of world football over the next five or six years.

No he didn't, Lichaj marked him out the game for the most part and I don't even rate Lichaj. Good run for their 2nd goal but apart from that, did very little.

And that is precisely the point isnt it? Out of nothing in a tight game he took the ball 80 yards beating, what, four opposition players? The ball was in the back of the net and the game was won. That is the spark of brilliance that Gareth Bale brings to the table. He is a superb player, and I think he could be one of the stars of world football over the next five or six years.

Well I didn't think it was the point. A player who tore us to shreds...I'd expect more than just one good run. When I think of 'tore us to shreds' I do generally think of someone who gave us problems all games and we struggled to deal with him throughout.

He beat two opposition players, not 4.

Can't see him being a star of world football, well mainly because no left back will ever be seen as that ....he could be one of the best left backs in the world though.

On the Modric thing, he signed a six-year contract 12 months ago and was prepared to suckle on Arry's bloated teet (nice image) for that timespan. It's about time these clearings in the woods started respecting their contracts and I admire Spurs' stance in this.

Aye. He released the ball earlier than I remembered. He beat Collins and Cuellar, then played the pass to remove the other two from the equation. Still a quite brilliant bit of football though. Players who can turn defence into attack like that are few and far between at the moment.

He beat two of our defenders last season in one run!? Jesus, I think most of VP could have waltzed around our defence last year. ;)

Â