Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

It wasn't the transfer fees that crippled them it was the wages.

Hello John Utaka :wave:

Amazingly defensive of Mr Redknapp, why should we judge our opinion of him as to what he is like as a person if you spend time with him. We won't get the chance. Therefore we have every right to base our opinions on what we see and hear.

The guy has been a prat at Villa Park, a prat in the media and I barely know anyone who likes him.

Everything is just so co-incidental with Redknapp, it's not as if the media are out to get him either ...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure HMRC form their opinion of him through messageboard rumours, don't they?

What has this got to do with anything?

HMRC have charged him with tax evasion (over a trivial amount compared to his annual income I might add, which begs the question: why would he bother?).

Has he been found guilty yet? No.

And even if he is found guilty, tax evasion is not the same as corruption. Corruption is the illegal receipt of money (or the equivalent) in return for favours granted that are usually against the best interests and/or rules of the organisation or business which employs you.

Has he ever been found guily of corruption? No. Has he ever even been charged with corruption? No.

Levy is amongst the shrewdest of club chairmen, and Spurs are certainly amongst the best run clubs in both the Prem and in Europe. So it's very unlikely that he would have appointed Redknapp if he thought that he was corrupt.

The trouble with some VTers is that they accept rumour as fact when it suits their prejudices.

It wasn't the transfer fees that crippled them it was the wages.

Hello John Utaka :wave:

Amazingly defensive of Mr Redknapp, why should we judge our opinion of him as to what he is like as a person if you spend time with him. We won't get the chance. Therefore we have every right to base our opinions on what we see and hear.

The guy has been a prat at Villa Park, a prat in the media and I barely know anyone who likes him.

Everything is just so co-incidental with Redknapp, it's not as if the media are out to get him either ...

And who dealt with wages and contracts etc at Pompey? - Peter Storie. But I doubt it was even Peter Stories fault per se, as he was probably made false promises about the finaces that would be coming into the club.

You have the right to judge him on media tit bits, but it doesn't mean you are correct or that judging as a person with so little knowledge isn't stupid.

I don't have a problems with any of you disliking him, but the reasons given just seem totaly disingenuous. Why not just say you have an irrational dislike of the bloke, or you hate his voice or mannerisms etc. But I don't see the point on trying to convince yourselves the dislike is born out of more noble reasons such outrage at a lack of loyality, or the financial problems at his past club or rumours he's dodgy. I think people don't like him for what is seen as his cockney, barrow boy manner, which irritates people.

I'm sure HMRC form their opinion of him through messageboard rumours, don't they?

HMRC have charged him with tax evasion (over a trivial amount compared to his annual income I might add, which begs the question: why would he bother?).

And even if he is found guilty, tax evasion is not the same as corruption. Corruption is the illegal receipt of money (or the equivalent) in return for favours granted that are usually against the best interests and/or rules of the organisation or business which employs you.

Has he ever been found guily of corruption? No. Has he ever even been charged with corruption? No.

Levy is amongst the shrewdest of club chairmen, and Spurs are certainly amongst the best run clubs in both the Prem and in Europe. So it's very unlikely that he would have appointed Redknapp if he thought that he was corrupt.

The trouble with some VTers is that they accept rumour as fact when it suits their prejudices.

YAWN!!!!!!!!!! GTF you boring word removed

So your defense of him has nothing to do with being a Spurs fan does it? No, nothing at all.

Us prejudiced, VTers eh? :suspect:

Richard & Stevo

If Redknapp took over at Villa, would you still support Villa?

Of course I would.

But it would make me extremely sad to see him in charge here. I'd want him out from the second he took over, regardless of any success he brought.

Luckily I don't think he would ever come to us.

The anti Redknapp arguments are stupid. If you don't like him fair enough, but it seems pretty silly to try and convince yourselves that you are right about him based on tit bits you've read, when it's quite obvious that people who actually know him properly and spend time with him, very much like and respect him. When it suites fans they will dimiss what they read in the papers, or rumours they've heard or books they've read etc and rightly say it's usually pure speculation. Yet when they want it to support pre concieved thoughts, then suddenly it becomes true. Harry is obviously a popular guy and is probably as well liked a manager as there is in football amongst those in the game. If you want to ignore this and convince yourselves you are right about him than that's upto you, but don't bother trying to defend it and criticise people who don't hold the same opinion. Next we will hear a typical messageboard lie, when some poster comes along and say something like "i've got a mate who knows him personally and says he's a complete clearing in the woods!"

I've formed my opinion of him from reading about him, watching him, listening to him speak and how he conducts himself for the length of time I've been watching the sport, which is near enough 20 years.

And my opinion is he is one of the biggest words removed I've ever seen involved in the sport.

He is liked by the media because he never shuts his **** flappy gob, which is constantly just feeding the media bullshit. Of course they like him, because he gives them stories.

God forbid any of the media ever try and say anything he doesn't approve of though, or he'll probably tell them to **** off.

If that opinion differs to yours it doesn't make it wrong. it makes it different. I'm sure there's a manager you hate who I quite like, who's right there?

The man is an odious little shit stain on the underpants of life and the sooner he's out of the game for good the better, in my opinion

What are the odds on Gareth Bale playing in the Champions League next season? Probably shorter than Spurs odds:

The Guardian"]Bale has been catapulted into the limelight following some impressive performances with Spurs this season, not least his stunning Champions League hat-trick against Internazionale at the San Siro in October.

Subsequently a host of big-name clubs have been linked with a move for the Welshman, including the likes of Inter, who have been linked with a £40m bid this summer, and the Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid, but the 21-year-old recently committed himself to Spurs by penning a new four-and-a-half year contract.

However, that does not mean Bale is not willing to try his hand at playing abroad further down the line, with the former Southampton player telling the Spanish daily AS:

"You never know, but I'm not afraid to leave the country.

"If a great opportunity arises you need to seriously consider it. I left home at 15. If I leave the Premier League, I'll learn another language, I'll know other people, another country, I will grow as a person.

"There aren't more British players abroad because the league is very strong, but now yours [the Spanish league] has got Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi ..."

Yeah, it's a non committal answer and the lad is just keeping his options open. It's pretty obvious he is going to be asked questions about his future all the time, especially by the foreign press who hadnt really heard of him until six months ago (yeah, well okay, maybe they had but their audience had zero interest in him until six months ago) but how do Spurs fans feel about their current situation? Is this as good as it gets? Will the team break up? Harry is likely to be either England manager or in jail within 18 months, if the side fail to qualify for the Champions League then Champions League sides will be in for the likes of Bale, Modric & Van Der Vaart. Interesting times ahead.

so is gerrard houllier, why didnt the red tops go chasing him for his opinion on wayne rooney swearing?

Because he would have told them Rooney's outburst was Stewart Downing's fault somehow.

Â