Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defoe's sending off was very harsh I thought. But I've got to agree with the criticism of Bale. He's very good, but the only thing he ever seems to do is just kick it past the RB and sprint onto the ball. I don't see why so many people think he's the next Messi.

Yet another Premier League game where Bale hasn't really turned up. Stuck in the back pocket of a player most people can't even pronounce, no less.

Turned up long enough to help them score a 2nd and kill us off and on his 'wrong' side.

But it was just a run upfield like we see Downing do a lot of the time.

Of course some credit must go to him, but the majority of the credit for me goes to Lennon who actually turned into a good chance, and VdV who finished it well.

So what actually happened between Pires and Redknob ? I went to the toilet when it happened.

spurs booted it clear crouch and pires in a race for the ball, pires stepped across crouch and let the oaf clumsily run in to him knocking him over and winning a free kick, he wasnt going to beat crouch in a race so it was good sensible european style play, something you see in the CL every other minute but candle face took exception to it and decided to give pires some stick

That's not what Harry took exception to. As Pires went down, he tried to kick Jenas in the head and Harry was stood right by the incident and saw it, whilst nearly everyone else in the ground missed it as it happened so quickly. Watch it again and if you look carefully you'll see as Pires rolls over he stretches out his right leg. And it isn't a case of him just naturally doing it to ease his landing. It's intentional and he only got away with it because he didn't make contact. But Harry saw what he tried to do and lost his temper.

If Pires had headbutted Candleface would he be held in as high esteem as Double D? :lol:

Had Pires done that then, as far as I'm concerned, he could score a hattrick of own goals in every game he plays for us from now on and I'd still love him forever.

this x infinity

That's not what Harry took exception to. As Pires went down, he tried to kick Jenas in the head and Harry was stood right by the incident and saw it, whilst nearly everyone else in the ground missed it as it happened so quickly. Watch it again and if you look carefully you'll see as Pires rolls over he stretches out his right leg. And it isn't a case of him just naturally doing it to ease his landing. It's intentional and he only got away with it because he didn't make contact. But Harry saw what he tried to do and lost his temper.

Pires was fouled by Jenas , there was no "kick out" and Harry should have kept his mouth shut , which was pretty much what Pires was telling him to do until Harry decided to call him something nasty .. could have sworn that is the same Harry who condones that sort of behaviour ? hypercritical clearing in the woods

Pires was fouled by Jenas , there was no "kick out" and Harry should have kept his mouth shut , which was pretty much what Pires was telling him to do until Harry decided to call him something nasty .. could have sworn that is the same Harry who condones that sort of behaviour ? hypercritical clearing in the woods

Rewatch the clip. Please don't respond as a Villa fan, but try and be impartial. He didn't get near JJ, but he clearly tried to as he went down. Watch his right leg carefully as he rolls over. At one point it's bent in towards his body, but as he rolls towards JJ, he extends it to try and catch him. And please don't try and say it's just the way he leg naturally moved as he rolled. It's intentional, but went unnoticed as it didn't make contact.

Being impartial, I expected there to be a kick out. I geniunally can't even see a kick out, it just looked like he rolled over??

Yes, he rolled over, but watch how he purposefully keeps his right leg extended out as he brings it round.

Being impartial, I expected there to be a kick out. I geniunally can't even see a kick out, it just looked like he rolled over??

Yes, he rolled over, but watch how he purposefully keeps his right leg extended out as he brings it round.

What should he do? Roll into a ball? Collapse into the foetal position? He was pushed over and Jenas' momentum took him over Pires' body. Pires did nothing wrong.

After he'd been bundled over by your clumsy oaf he then has to put up with Bert Lahr's uglier brother shouting obscenities at him.

Â