Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Shocking dive by Jenas against Inter - rightly booked.

Good to see Spurs get over 33k vs Inter after they had over 1500 unsold tickets in their first CL home group match.

You have to allocate tickets to the away side. We sold our allocation for both away games and home games.

Twente had a sizeable away following and any tickets they didn't sell (talking hundreds) were sold on to Tottenham fans.

You had a number of empty seats in the West Stand and Paxton Upper.

There were no tickest available. I know people who tried and couldn't get them.

There were tickets left in the West Stand and Paxton Upper.

The South Stand was sold out. How else do you explain the difference of over 1500 tickets between the Twente and Inter games?

All i can tell you is that the tickets made available were sold out. It's the same for the next game against Bremen. Why don't you ring the ticket office and find out for yourself or simply look at the website. Here is the link to the ticket page and if you scroll down to the Werder game you'll see the words "sold out", as with the case with the Twente and Inter games.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/ticketinfo_latest.html

If we qualify for the next round perhaps you should try and buy a ticket yourself. You obviously have a fascination with the club, as seeing as so many of your posts on a Villa forum are in a thread on Spurs. In fact why even bother supporting Villa, when Spurs are clearly your main interest. You've got this strange faux hatred posting style, which is pretty weird. Even the Villa fans in this thread have commented on it.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey55:

I'm not talking about the Inter or Werder Bremen matches. I specifically mentioned the match vs Twente.

Amusingly using your link for the Inter game it says "sold out" but it doesn't for the Twente one. Very telling.

Here's one of your fans confirming 10 blocks were available on general sale on the day of the game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A74851428

The South Stand was sold out. How else do you explain the difference of over 1500 tickets between the attendances in the Twente and Inter games?

Joey55:

I'm not talking about the Inter or Werder Bremen matches. I specifically mentioned the match vs Twente.

Amusingly using your link for the Inter game it says "sold out" but it doesn't for the Twente one. Very telling.

Here's one of your fans confirming 10 blocks were available on general sale on the day of the game.

The South Stand was sold out. How else do you explain the difference of over 1500 tickets between the attendances in the Twente and Inter games?

They've sold out more times than us this year...

Just seen an interview with Ekotto who said he geniunally doesn't watch any football and didn't know who Van Der Vaart was when he signed :lol:

some players are like that and think of football as a job. Last thing i want to see when i leave work is a PC so i know how he feels

Joey55:

They also have a smaller stadium though don't they.

Joey55:

They also have a smaller stadium though don't they.

fair enough, i was just stating that arguing over spurs having 1500 seats empty is stupid when we have had nearly 2000 empty against Chelsea and small heath.

anyway I hate spurs :)

To be fair I think Bale is showing world class form and certainly warrants the praise he's getting. If anything, he's received too much bad press in the past, when he had that record at Spurs, it was clear that he was a very good talent.

Will be surprised if he's still at Spurs come this time next season.

Man City, Chelsea, Inter, Real will all be very interested in him. It's just whether he is a money grabbing judas like Milner and Barry. Bale doesn't seem to be one of them kind of players, but could still happen.

I hate Spurs as much as anyone, but let's not pretend that Bale isn't a very very good player who we would all worship if he was a Villa player.

True. But Bale's stock will probably never be higher than it is right now.

I'm sure most clubs in Europe were as aware of Gareth Bale as the average Premier League fan was and they have been monitoring him for months with just one question, can he do it in the Champions League? (answer: yes!)

It's supporters of clubs on the continent and the foreign press who have taken it to the next level really. At the moment for a club like Inter or Barcelona, both of whom are getting calls from their local media to sign him up, and why not? Bale has lots of things going for him at the moment, he is very young and clubs who regularly participate in domestic title races and the latter stages of the Champions League will see him as very much available. Spurs have to watch their club doesnt get picked to pieces by the traditional super powers in club football. Sure, a Spurs fan will tell you that they have Champions League football of their own to keep their best players happy now, but remember, it wasnt that long ago when Bayer Leverkusen had their team (Ballack, Lucio, Ze Roberto) taken from them by bigger clubs and they had reached the final!

Thing is, in the prem, apart from one team this season, (Stoke) most teams have instructed their right back to make Bale come inside, and to be brutally frank, Bale hasd been average in the league. 0 assists isn't it? 102 layers have made more PL assists than Bale. For a winger, that is poor. He's not a bad player, he's very good, but the Media hype machine has struck again (See Adam Johnson)

Thing is, in the prem, apart from one team this season, (Stoke) most teams have instructed their right back to make Bale come inside, and to be brutally frank, Bale hasd been average in the league. 0 assists isn't it? 102 layers have made more PL assists than Bale. For a winger, that is poor. He's not a bad player, he's very good, but the Media hype machine has struck again (See Adam Johnson)

Yes it is quite remarkable because he has scored at total of two goals (one off his face) against stoke and has no assists and that is his record for the season in the league.

He tore up Inter over two legs and his reputation has sky rocketed in the media.

Exactly LL.

I like Bale, he's got a fantastic attitude, but he is so overhyped! Malouda is the best LW in the Prem atm, Bale isn't close. Noones close to Malouda IMO.

Spurs have to watch their club doesnt get picked to pieces by the traditional super powers in club football. Sure, a Spurs fan will tell you that they have Champions League football of their own to keep their best players happy now, but remember, it wasnt that long ago when Bayer Leverkusen had their team (Ballack, Lucio, Ze Roberto) taken from them by bigger clubs and they had reached the final!

Another example of this is the Ajax squad of 1995.

How many of their players were picked off within a season or two of them winning the Champions League? Kluivert, Overmars, Davids, Seedorf, Reiziger. That's just off the top of my head. Any more?

Â