Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to SPurs on their win. Think they get very lucky with how their equaliser came about from a poor reffing decision, but to win after being behind after a EUropean week is a very good result.

Thought BAE, van der Vaart and Crouch played well. Bale and Modric were pretty poor.

Van Der Vaart was very good today. I was really hoping the deal wouldn't go through on deadline day as I knew he was a good player. Would have been excellent for us with Milner leaving.

Good result for them today, I won't begrudge them of that.

But if Glaston comes on here pontificating about it, he can smoke my pole.

Van der Vaart is amazing. A cut above everybody else at the club at the moment. I'm dreading the inevitable injury is going to pick up in the next few weeks though.

It was a good game, thought the scoreline was a pretty fair reflection of the match, to be honest. Although Spurs were fortunate enough to win the corner that led to the first goal, as I'm not really sure where the deflection was supposed to have come from.

I don't think it was a fair reflection of the match. Not saying that cause I'm baised, I've witnessed a lot of Villa dross over last couple years. We didn't deserve to win last week!

First 20 minutes, we were on top. Deservedly got a goal. Rest of the half, it was a 1 team game, all you. Second half started you but after about 55 minutes, we really did take control, maybe not in terms of loads of possesion, but we had 6/7 counter attacks, we should of made 1/2 count before VDV count. Still was in control of the match really last 15, you hit us on a couple breaks but certainly don't think Spurs deserved to win. A point would of been fair.

Carew wasted so much.

Relieved to have won that. When I saw our team sheet I was sure we'd lose. I really thought you'd have tested our CBs more as it was a real weak spot for us today, along with having no pace from our strikers. I think to an extent you suffer from the same thing when Gabby doesn't play, but isn't as bad for you as your midfield isn't as creative. It's so hard for the midfield to create when they can't play diagnols, through ball, or balls over the top, as we have no one with pace to get on to them. All we can do is play it up to Crouch or out wide for the wingers to cross it and against better defences that is only going to get us so far. We desperately need Defoe back and a new striker.

Point would have been fair. We were unlucky but I'm not too downbeat to losing because it just showed how good Van der Vaart was, no other player really struggled as. We played well but the only thing that pissed me off was how easy Dunne and Petrov let Van der Vaart score.

Petrov is really pissing me off and should be dropped! Not good enough anymore IMO.

Think they deserved the points, once Heskey went off we looked toothless, we should have taken advantage of their patched up CBs, I could run faster than Huddlestone but we never exploited that.

The best team won in my opinion. Crouchy bullied Collins and Young in the air which led to 2 goals as last year Habib Beye put him in his pocket in one of the games

I have to agree; poor positioning by Collins but Warnock was also at fault for alllowing the crosses it. He doesn't close down quick enough.

The best team won in my opinion. Crouchy bullied Collins and Young in the air which led to 2 goals as last year Habib Beye put him in his pocket in one of the games

I have to agree; poor positioning by Collins but Warnock was also at fault for alllowing the crosses it. He doesn't close down quick enough.

Slightly harsh. 90% of the time Lennon likes to jink on his right foot. Putting him on his left foot 25 yards from goal isn't a bad thing, it was a good ball.

Slightly harsh. 90% of the time Lennon likes to jink on his right foot. Putting him on his left foot 25 yards from goal isn't a bad thing, it was a good ball.

Both were very good balls but Collin's didn't do much on either. By pulling to the back post and letting Young try and deal with it he left a whole in the middle. Dunn tried vainly on both occasions to clear up the knock down but he can't be everywhere. He should have held his ground and let Young challenge and he would of been there for the knock down.

Crouch did all he could with the ball; there was no way he was going to bring them down or even get an header on goal. Collins read it wrong in my opinion.

West Ham owner David Sullivan has warned of 'riots' in East London if Tottenham move into the Olympic Park stadium after the games.

The Hammers have clashed with Spurs over a potential move into the 60, 000 capacity stadium in Stratford – just three miles down the road from Upton Park.

And Sullivan insists that a move from their rivals to the stadium could spark civil unrest among supporters.

“It would be such a slap in the face to East London,” Sullivan told the Daily Mail.

“If it happens, there will be real problems that could easily lead to civil unrest.

“I think there could be riots, such is the ill feeling between West Ham and Spurs and I know the police feel the same.”

Sullivan then went on to claim that Spurs “pinched” Eidur Gudjohnson from West Ham last season.

“I feel very let down by Tottenham,” Sullivan revealed. "The way they do business is not right.

“They pinched Eidur Gudjohnsen off us after we brought him from Barcelona for talks. He just disappeared from the hotel. And the way they unsettled Scott Parker was appalling.

“Now they want to move into our borough of Newham. How would they like it if we suddenly set up a new home in Haringey. I'm flabbergasted by the cheek of it.”

Meanwhile, Hammers boss Avram Grant is confident that his side will stay in the Premier League after their recent improved form.

“We are not a team to be on the bottom of the league,” Grant told Sky Sports.

“We are not heading for relegation. We play football to be in a better place and we will do it."

Couldn't find the West Ham thread so I thought I'd put this here

Â