Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my that's terrible Glaston, you mean you think someone actually tried to impersonate you? I would never have guessed by the look of that website, whoever did it must have some skill! That's just awful isn't it lads? My word.

1. Buy crocks and Croatian ballerinas instead of football players

2. Complain about injuries

Just stop whining about it already. Get players who don't get injured if you don't want to worry about it.

Come back when you're Champions of Europe. :thumb:

Since Spurs joined the league:

League Champions: Spurs 2, Villa 2

FA Cups: Spurs 7, Villa 3

European trophies: Spurs 3, Villa 1

League Cups: Spurs 4, Villa 5

Sure, I'd accept that your single European Cup Winners trophy is worth a lot, but not more than 3 other European trophies and far less than four additional FA Cups for Spurs.

Since 1908 when both clubs have been competing the trophy count is 16 to 11. Come back when Villa overtake this Spurs trophy haul :thumb:

Villa have won more trophies than Spurs. You know this. You are the only person on the planet that believes that trophies won before 1908 (or whatever) 'don't count'.

Stop being a bellend.

Anyway. Spuds lost, you shouldn't you be on a West Ham forum or something?

But it says your name! ...

Yep, and Heskey bears the name "striker", but then again names don't count for much I guess.

No he doesn't. His name is Emile.

Sure, I'd accept that your single European Cup Winners trophy is worth a lot, but not more than 3 other European trophies

C'mon! 2 Uefa cups and a cup winners cup are in no way comparable to winning the European Cup.

That also, I'm sure a Super Cup trumps a Cup Winners Cup also. But this debate is pointless if Glaston is happy to rewrite history about the prestige of certain trophies and when leagues actually start it's all a bit pointless.

Sure, I'd accept that your single European Cup Winners trophy is worth a lot, but not more than 3 other European trophies and far less than four additional FA Cups for Spurs.

Since 1908 when both clubs have been competing the trophy count is 16 to 11. Come back when Villa overtake this Spurs trophy haul :thumb:

Hai I'z back!

I think if you take a glance at any (and every) credible list of trophies, you'll find that AVFC sit in 4th place. Not one of the 3 teams above us being yourselves.

It's also a bit silly to create your own guidelines. Football is football, from the very start. Just because we won trophies before you were around means they shouldn't count? You really do have an inflated opinion of Spurs, you're essentially saying that football before Spurs does not count! Sure, if you did 'average number of years in football/trophies won' then it'd be a fair judgement, because it accounts for your lesser time in the league. But doing that still puts us above you as we've won trophies with a higher average regularly than you.

Can I proclaim FCUM to be a better club than Spurs? Afterall, they've only been aroud a few years but have already won a few league titles. If you compare this to the amount of trophies Spurs have won in the same period, it's less than theirs.

Again. Come back when you're Champions of Europe, or have more trophies or league titles than us.

Something tells me it be for a while. :thumb:

But it says your name! ...

Yep, and Heskey bears the name "striker", but then again names don't count for much I guess.

Bit hostile tonight. Is it because you got beat by Sunderland and your former striker?

Oh and as for the rubbish with the trophies= :crylaugh:

The bit of your post where your point falls apart is from 1908! Although saying that we've finished above you more often in the main competition from that date anyway and spent more years as a top flight side and won more of the main 2 competitions combined from that date!

Back to the reality, you were founded in 1882 not 1908! Sorry, you were'nt as big as Arsenal for many of those years who were happily mixing it with us big boys! The records don't sadly start from when you want them to although I give you marks for believing Spurs are that important that they should do! :lol:

The complete book:

86 years out of 128 superior to Spurs!

Won more major trophies!

Outperformed Spurs in the main 2 competitions!

Won more of the main 2 trophies!

Moving the goalposts will not change that for you I'm afraid but nice try! :D

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Im sure Spurs had there 125th birthday party a couple of years ago FOUNDED 1882 infact. dont start all this 1908 bollocks. None of us care or give a shit about that date. Just go and wank yourself silly over potential Champions League opponents next year.

Maybe Spurs are embarrassed about their earlier years because New Brompton and Chatham Town finished above them!

To be fair if we played in a league that is now the 10th tier (like Spurs did!!!) we might try and pretend it didn't happen!

I seriously mean this, I wouldn't swap 10 Uefa Cups for a European Cup (just like I wouldn't swap 10 Confederations Cups for 1 World Cup). Winning the European Cup is the ultimate acheivment in club football where you're playing against the best teams and champions all over Europe and winning the cup means you've overcome all the best teams in the world. Whereas the UEFA Cup is just a competition for the teams who aren't good enough to play at the highest level in European football that's why there is a competition just for the 2nd tier teams of Europe so they don't feel left out.

fact is, glaston can obscure his little deluded dream of spurs being more succesful than Villa, but the facts show we are the 4th most succesful club in England, we've won more major honours than spurs, finished above spurs in the league more times and in general just better than spurs.

If spurs weren't from London they'd just be another Bolton.

Â