The Wonderlic

leviramsey

How many did you get correct in four minutes?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How many did you get correct in four minutes?

• zero
    • 1 - 4
    • 5 - 6
    • 9 - 10
    • 11 - 14

To keep a thread that has already wandered way off-topic going even further, here's a nice diversion for those of you recovering from an Saturday evening of revelry.

You have four minutes to take the following 15-question test (From here). How do you do?

1. Look at the numbers below... which number should come next?

[table]

[row]8 [col]4 [col]2 [col]1 [col]1/2 [col]1/4 [col]?

[/table]

2. Assuming that the first two statements are true, is the final one true, false, or not certain

The boy plays baseball

All baseball players wear a hat

The boy wears a hat

3. Paper sells for 21 cents a pad. What will four pads cost?

4. How many of the five pairs of items listed below are exact duplicates?

[table]

[row]Nieman, K.M. [col]Neiman, K.M.

[row]Thomas, G.K. [col]Thomas, C.K.

[row]Hoff, J.P. [col]Hoff, J.P.

[row]Pino, L.R. [col]Pina, L.R.

[row]Warner, T.S. [col]Wanner, T.S.

[/table]

5. RESENT | RESERVE: Do these words have similar meanings, contradictory meanings, or neither the same nor opposite meanings?

6. One of the numbered figures in the following drawing is most different from the others. What is the number of that figure?

020228_shapes.gif

7. A train travels 20 feet in 1/5 second. At this speed, how many feet will it travel in three seconds?

8. When rope is selling at $0.10 a foot, how many feet can you buy for sixty cents?

9. The ninth month of the year is October, January, June, September, or May?

10. Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount?

[table]

[row]7 [col].8 [col]31 [col].33 [col]2

[/table]

11. In printing an article of 48,000 words, a printer decides to use two sizes of type. Using the larger type, a printed page contains 1,800 words. Using smaller type, a page contains 2,400 words. The article is allotted 21 full pages in a magazine. How many pages must be in the smaller type?

12. The hours of daylight and darkness in SEPTEMBER are nearest equal to the hours of daylight and darkness in June, March, May, or November?

13. Three individuals form a partnership and agree to divide the profits equally. X invests $9,000, Y invests $7,000, and Z invests $4,000. If the profits are $4,800, how much less does X receive than if the profits were divided in proportion to the amount invested?

14. Assuming that the first two statements are true, is the third one true, false, or not certain?

Tom greeted Beth

Beth greeted Dawn

Tom did not greet Dawn

15. A boy is 17 years old and his sister is twice as old. When the boy is 23 years old, what will be the age of his sister?

Answers are here

The Wonderlic (50 questions with increasing difficulty) is most famous for being administered to potential NFL players as a means of gauging their intelligence. One wonders what would happen if footballers were administered this test....

I got 14 in 3:42. I have not much idea about hours of daylight so I guessed May. Damn it.
It has to the diametric opposite end of the year, so you just work back (or forward) six months.

I'm surprised (and a little suspicious) people scored so highly. I answered 12 of the 15 after about 3 minutes (got the shapes one wrong though, I went for the shape with no parallel sides) but questions 11, 12 and 13 were quite tough I thought. Got 12 and 13 right but ran out of time to finish 11. So I got 13/15 in total.

I'm surprised (and a little suspicious) people scored so highly.

You're joking right? The 11+ test is harder than that.

I'm not joking. I'm very surprised and, as I said, suspicious that you got 15 in 2 minutes. The question about the pages and the business partners took time on their own, I only manage one of them. Not denying that a large part of the test was straight forward, but I don't beleive you got 15 out of 15 in 2 minutes.

If you did then fair play.

I've done enough aptitude tests while going for jobs etc to know how to do these quickly and accurately. Always do the easiest questions first. I reckon the easiest 11 questions above should take you no more than 30 seconds, I mean, look at numbers 1 to 10....piss easy. The ones that require any sort of thought at all are 11 and 13, and they're really no more than very simple calculations.

11 questions in 30 seconds? Less than 3 seconds per question? I don't think I could even read some of those questions in 3 seconds!

Plus I wrote down the answers, i thought you were supposed to, i suppose you could save time by not doing that.

I'm surprised (and a little suspicious) people scored so highly.

You're joking right? The 11+ test is harder than that.

I'm not joking. I'm very surprised and, as I said, suspicious that you got 15 in 2 minutes. The question about the pages and the business partners took time on their own, I only manage one of them. Not denying that a large part of the test was straight forward, but I don't beleive you got 15 out of 15 in 2 minutes.

If you did then fair play.

The one about the pages is simple. It's obvious it has to be less than 20 pages (as 20 times 2,400 = 48,000) so you just had to work backwards until you're left with an amount divisible by 1,800. If I couldn't do simple maths like that I wouldn't last very long in my job.

11 questions in 30 seconds? Less than 3 seconds per question? I don't think I could even read some of those questions in 3 seconds!

Plus I wrote down the answers, i thought you were supposed to, i suppose you could save time by not doing that.

3. Paper sells for 21 cents a pad. What will four pads cost?

You couldn't honestly work that out in a nanosecond?

Â