Beeefy14

right wing  

125 members have voted

1. 1. right wing

• Milner
    • Solano
    • Hadji
    • kashloul

Only 2 months until the end of the year. Time to pick a best of the 00's Villa XI... I've come up with a list of whom I believe to be the main candidates. (The person you pick should ideally be somebody who excelled post 2000, rather than excelled previously and crossed over into post 2000) So who was our best right midfielder from 2000 to now?? Only run it for 4 days...

Team so far is...

Fridel

Delaney

Laursen

Mellberg

Bouma

Barry

Also I'm only coming up with 3 names for the left and one of those is not an option anymore. If anybody has any other names to add to Whittingham and Young let me know.

He played on the right a lot for us. He was almost an out and out right winger at Arsenal for a lot of years.

The problem is the nature of the thread, as it is split over multiple polls its difficult to choose which one to make your point in. But a team of the 2000's simply has to have Paul Merson in it. He was that good.

He played on the right a lot for us. He was almost an out and out right winger at Arsenal for a lot of years.

The problem is the nature of the thread, as it is split over multiple polls its difficult to choose which one to make your point in. But a team of the 2000's simply has to have Paul Merson in it. He was that good.

he didnt play a lot on the RW at all, we mainly played 532 and he was attacking midfield with boateng and taylor, and that is where he played a lot better for us as well

Merson did play right wing for us, especially towards the end of his career in the early 00's, his legs had gone and would often come on for Hendrie if I remember correctly.

Stone was also a solid right sider, but lets be honest he was only here for the money.

Would be Merson or Milner for me so by default..

Â