right wing  

125 members have voted

1. 1. right wing

• Milner
    • Solano
    • Hadji
    • kashloul

Really is this all the right wingers?!

You think the right is bad, the Left is even less choice and that could be for twenty years worth!

Tbf, we did have Barry there for about 5 years, but he went in the CM poll.

It shouldn't matter how bad the parting was or indeed how short his stay was, if Solano was the best player during his stay in your opinion he should get the vote.

Solano was magical at times, but from my point of view he didn't show up away from home.

Milner would have been a strong call solely based on his years loan, the fact he has matured into one of our best recent players means there is only 1 option for me.

Milner. Solano was mostly excellent, but only for a season and a half. Though, Milner has only played here for a little more than 2 seasons, so maybe Solano should've got it anyway. But the way he left was not the best, IMO.

Milner. Solano was mostly excellent, but only for a season and a half. Though, Milner has only played here for a little more than 2 seasons, so maybe Solano should've got it anyway. But the way he left was not the best, IMO.

I wasnt impressed with how he left but Newcastle spent a lot that summer and thought they were heading for big things a bit like barry leaving while we were going backwards at a rapid rate under DOL.

Was impressed with his respect for us when he scored in 2008 at Upton Park.

I wasnt impressed with how he left but Newcastle spent a lot that summer and thought they were heading for big things a bit like barry leaving while we were going backwards at a rapid rate under DOL.

Was impressed with his respect for us when he scored in 2008 at Upton Park.

Both agree and disagree with that last part. But that's for another thread and basically I was rather pleased to see that too.

Wow, a very threadbare list. And the left wing position seems to be a one man show.

Has to be Milner - done well for 2 1/2 years of the decade, whereas Solano only did 18 months; and didn't give much of a shit at the end (IMHO).

No magic man? Player of the year in 1999-2000 and 2000-2001?

Yep, he should be in this poll for me, as he was not a CM, but more of a winger/floater behind the front 1 or 2.

and he should win it hands down.

nobby solano for me as well at the moment,

merse werent a right winger so he shouldnt be an option

he wasn't a CM either, so shouldn't be an option there then either.

we mainly played 532

then this poll, and all the others, is flawed, as the thread originator appears to be going with a 4-4-2 formation.

IMO we should first have had a poll for the formation, and then the polls to select the players for that formation :lol: :winkold:

we mainly played 532

then this poll, and all the others, is flawed, as the thread originator appears to be going with a 4-4-2 formation.

IMO we should first have had a poll for the formation, and then the polls to select the players for that formation :lol: :winkold:

there was and it was voted 442, probably correctly as that was the most common formation throughout the decade

however 532 predominated when merson was around and his best performances came in that formation at the top of the boateng/taylor/merson midfield (the best combination we have had this decade imo)

i have already acknowledged elsewhere that he doesnt fit into the typical CM or RM of a 442

Gaby, Petrov, Gardner and NRC have all spent time there over the last three seasons. Leonhardsen was right midfield too a few years back maybe? Did Carbone play down the right or was that too long ago?

Milner for me though, no question.

stone to man utd??? i find that hard to believe to be honest at that point.

they won the treble three months after we signed him and he was already clearly past it by that point, it would have been a really strange transfer if he ended up at man u

Â