PL: Chelsea h 2009/10/17 12:45 Match Thread

limpid

I am really hoping that MON returns to the 4-5-1 for this game.

We beat them at VP two seasons ago with Luke dropping in to sit on Makalele and stifling their game. Don't think any of our current forwards could do this?

Having said this, I think that Ancelotti might now be playing 4-4-2??

Should be a good game anyhow.

Just got my ticket in the post today. :D

Obviously this will be a very tough game. Plus we aren't exactly known for performing well at home on a consistent basis. However, we do tend to step up our performance against the better teams.

Therefore, I'm of the opinion that this will be a tough one to predict. I think it will be a close game. We will either sink or swim in all honesty. I'm going to go for a 1-1 draw though.

I do think we could win and I do think that Chelsea could too. It really all just depends on what Villa walks onto that pitch. If it's the good one that we can be then my 1-1 should be a good bet, plus we could even sneak a win. Either way, I'm sure it will be a good match. Come on the Villa!!

I am waiting for my tickets in the post. I think this is going to be a very exciting game and the team are going to need loads of support from the fans!!! I can't wait and think with our form it is the best chance we have had for a while to win by a goal or 2!!

I agree with BARRY'SBOOTS! I think a 4-5-1 could be the best formation against these as our best chance is down the wings!! I think the main concern for us is DROGBA as he is in excellent form but so are a few of our stars!!

Lets see how gabby, milner and heskey do for england and that might give them a big boost for the chelsea game!!!

My prediction is based on a true villians hope lol! 3-2 to villa, gabby 2, milner 1, drogba and anelka for them

COME ON YOU VILLIANS!! UTV!!!

This is shaping up to be a classic, benchmark games, we passed the Liverpool test with excellent marks and a full 3 points away, we came out strong to the new kids on the block in Manchester City, but for a momentary lapse in concentration we may have had the 3 point there, deservedly so IMO.

Now we take on Chelsea, for me the Premiership title will be decided between Cheslea or Man Utd, this is the big one.

Having said this, I think that Ancelotti might now be playing 4-4-2??

He is, but plays with a midfield diamond. I think a 4-5-1 would be perfect to exploit their lack of width.

We always seem to have a good game against Chel$ki, apart from the game at Stamford Bridge last season. They absolutely bossed the game and we were lucky we only lost 2-0.

I think with the defence we have this season, which is extremely strong, we have a good chance of keeping a clean sheet or conceding goals to a minimal. It's just all up to our attacking side of things, which from the last few games has'nt been to bad. Especially gabby!!

To go 1-0 up against the boys in blue we would have a great chance but the only thing i have noticed this season is that when we go up by a goal we seem to lack the ability to keep that lead. If we get a goal I think we need to get a 2nd to ensure we don't end up taking a draw like Man City or a loss like Blackburn!!

I'm still sayin 3-2 villa!!

-----------------------Freidel------------------------

--Cuellar--------Dunne-------Collins------------Warnock--

--Milner--------Petrov------Reo-Coker----Sidwell-----A.Young--

-------------------------------Gabby----------------------------

Would play 4-5-1 for this. Ancelotti has gone on record in the past saying he dosen't mark opposition team's wingers as strongly as others as he dosen't believe they are crucial parts of a team so really good chance for Young to come alive in this.

Fear Chelsea might just be too strong in this, 1-2 them with a late winner.

Will Luke Young be starting in this one ?

I would prefer him to be. Whilst Carlos has done a decent job as RB, would prefer to have our master of trade back.

Wouldn't like to be drawing or winning by just 1 goal with 90 minutes on the clock, as Chelsea seem to have a habbit of last minute goals this season.

Think this will be a 2 - 0 defeat I'm afraid.

I think MON would be nutty to go into this one with a 442.

I think we got away with it to an extent against Citeh as they were playing two slower players in the centre which played into our hands for most of the game, and also our 2 cbs were playing at their optimum level, which we probably can't expect every game.

I think if we go in 4-5-1 it suits our wingers and we can get at them, but it could be a bit backs to the wall, so we need NRC please. I predict a gritty 0-0 or 1-1.

However, 442 and I think it'll be game that we play into their hands and they'll stroll it 2-0 without getting into 2nd gear.

We got away with it against city, but i'm sure that they'd have won had ireland been playing from the start, and chelsea are better than city.