• Sgt. Pepper
    • White Album
    • Let It Be
    • Abbey Road
    • Magical Mystery Tour
    • Meet The Beatles
    • With The Beatles
    • Help!

The White Album just edges it for me, but they are all excellent to be honest.

I'm sure there will be some silly comments from some how they were shit, but, lets face it to be the biggest band and one of the most influential bands of all time, really means that they weren't.

The Beatles are too shit for me to have a favorite album.

Then move along, and listen to those Jimmy Buffett records you bombard this forum with

I'll have you know that today's a Rush day.

I saw Rush at the old Boston Garden in 1983. Great Band. But this is a Beatles thread, so if you hate 'em, just take a pass

I may the only voter for "With the Beatles", which just - JUST - edges it over "Abbey Road". On any objective terms, Abbey Road is far better (not bad for the final album of a band in the throes of splitting up), but "With..." was the first one I owned (as a nine-year-old!) and so holds a special place in memory.

Arguably "Meet the Beatles" shouldn't be in the list, as it was the bastardised American version of the firt two UK albums. (EDIT: Although I do realise that it was the big U.S. breakthrough album, and holds a special place in the hearts of Americans Of A Certain Age).

"Pepper" is my least favourite - too contrived.

and where is "love"? everyone loves a remix surely?
Hell, no. Remixes and mash-ups are a **** curse on music, and "Love" is a 21st century "Stars on 45" (for those who remember that abomination). Fer fuxsake leave it alone.

Could have been anything up to and including Sgt Pepper for me. Voted Help in the end because it was the first Beatles album I bought for myself at a time in my life when I needed a bit (hate the title track though). Also because of where the Beatles were at that point. It also has Yesterday, It's Only Love, Tell Me What You See, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, even Ringo's song is acceptable. Cracking pop album, shite film.

The Beatles are alright, however I wouldn't class myself as a fan. I'll listen to them if they're on, yet I wouldn't go out of my way to hear them.

Anyway, someone said before that mixes and such can't be any good. Well, I actually think that the best album with The Beatles in it is a remix. It's called The Grey Album. The tracks were mixed by Danger Mouse, with Jay-Z rapping over them. If you haven't heard it then I strongly suggest checking it out. It's rather good how two completely different styles can fit so well together.

GreyAlbum.jpg

The Beatles are alright, however I wouldn't class myself as a fan. I'll listen to them if they're on, yet I wouldn't go out of my way to hear them.

Anyway, someone said before that mixes and such can't be any good. Well, I actually think that the best album with The Beatles in it is a remix. It's called The Grey Album. The tracks were mixed by Danger Mouse, with Jay-Z rapping over them. If you haven't heard it then I strongly suggest checking it out. It's rather good how two completely different styles can fit so well together.

GreyAlbum.jpg

If I ever see a copy.... I'll burn it.

EDIT: And I don't mean "to mp3". I mean with petrol and a box of matches.

Â