• Sgt. Pepper
    • White Album
    • Let It Be
    • Abbey Road
    • Magical Mystery Tour
    • Meet The Beatles
    • With The Beatles
    • Help!

The Beatles are alright, however I wouldn't class myself as a fan. I'll listen to them if they're on, yet I wouldn't go out of my way to hear them.

Anyway, someone said before that mixes and such can't be any good. Well, I actually think that the best album with The Beatles in it is a remix. It's called The Grey Album. The tracks were mixed by Danger Mouse, with Jay-Z rapping over them. If you haven't heard it then I strongly suggest checking it out. It's rather good how two completely different styles can fit so well together.

GreyAlbum.jpg

:puke:

Oh joy, another Beatles-related thread.

The uneducated sheep-like masses seem to think Manchester United were the team of the late 20th/early 20th century. Fortunately there are just one or two of us who have eyes to see that the true innovators during this period have been Mansfield Town (cont p94)

Oh joy, another Beatles-related thread.

The uneducated sheep-like masses seem to think Manchester United were the team of the late 20th/early 20th century. Fortunately there are just one or two of us who have eyes to see that the true innovators during this period have been Mansfield Town (cont p94)

Soory if all the threads on the internet can't be to your taste.

I struggle to pick a favourite - I love them all actually. I guess my very favourites are Help, Rubber Soul, The White Album and Abbey Road - I went for the White Album in the end as it is so diverse. I love some of the versions on the Anthology albums too.

Will all the people who posted in this thread and the 'Remastered' thread just to slate the band give it a rest? Yes we know you don't like the most successful band of all time. Yes your opinion is edgy and hip and is definitely well reasoned and thought out and not just for the sake of controversy. No we don't need to see your vitriol in every damn thread. We got it the first time.

The Beatles are alright, however I wouldn't class myself as a fan. I'll listen to them if they're on, yet I wouldn't go out of my way to hear them.

Anyway, someone said before that mixes and such can't be any good. Well, I actually think that the best album with The Beatles in it is a remix. It's called The Grey Album. The tracks were mixed by Danger Mouse, with Jay-Z rapping over them. If you haven't heard it then I strongly suggest checking it out. It's rather good how two completely different styles can fit so well together.

GreyAlbum.jpg

If I ever see a copy.... I'll burn it.

EDIT: And I don't mean "to mp3". I mean with petrol and a box of matches.

To be fair, not much can sound worse than original Beatles material...... :D

Will all the people who posted in this thread and the 'Remastered' thread just to slate the band give it a rest? Yes we know you don't like the most successful band of all time. Yes your opinion is edgy and hip and is definitely well reasoned and thought out and not just for the sake of controversy. No we don't need to see your vitriol in every damn thread. We got it the first time.

To be honest I don't think people are trying to be edgy and hip by disliking The Beatles. The same accusation could be thrown at people that like The Beatles, being that many people only like them because it has been forced on them as 'good music'. I'm not a Beatles hater, yet I'm not that much of a fan either. I respect what they did and that some of their songs are quite good. However their lyrics are woeful at best. That's just in my opinion of course and everyone is entitled to their own.

The title of the thread doesn't say 'Favourite Beatles Album - not allowing anyone to criticise or voice an opinion'. The thread title says: 'Favourite Beatles Album', thus allowing for people to voice an opinion if they don't have a favourite Beatles album.

You would probably hate a lot of the music I listen to and I would probably hate a lot of the music you listen to. Music is personal preference and everyone is allowed their own opinion on the matter, even when it comes to the almighty Beatles......

By the way, being the most successful band of all time doesn't mean they have been the best band of all time. To some people perhaps they have been, yet to me they certainly haven't.

The title of the thread doesn't say 'Favourite Beatles Album - not allowing anyone to criticise or voice an opinion'. The thread title says: 'Favourite Beatles Album', thus allowing for people to voice an opinion if they don't have a favourite Beatles album.

???

Surely the thread title being "fav beatles album" would incline people to beleive that the subject matter was "fav beatles album" and not "who thinks they are shit?"

Going by your logic, the title would also have to include every possible thing on earth that are not the words "fav beatles album".

If someone wants to make a thread entitled "do you think the beatles were shit or not", then go ahead. You can disccuss how much you think they are over rated, and tallentless, and how bad the lyrics were, and how much better some band noone but you and your dog has heard of were till the end of time and I'll have no objection to it.

That last part wasnt a poke at you, and probably a bit of an exageration, but you get the point.

I'm fine with people not liking them. It's when they show up in every single related thread to have a pop that it annoys me. I don't know why they even feel the need to comment.

If I see a thread about some band I don't like I don't go in posting 'they're shit' and such stuff because I have enough respect to let people talk about a band they like without bothering them.

Â