1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your posts suck mate.

If you went to the match today u would have realised that we could/should have lost 6-1.

I was at the game today. If they would have won 6-1 it would have been one of the harshest scorelines ever to happen. So I really am not sure what on earth you're on about.

Stop with the whole "you should start going to matches" shite as well, many people are unable to.

I wouldnt go as far as 1-6...but we could´ve lost 0-4 with an ease. We were lucky to get away with 0-2 today.

Lucky to get away with 0-2? Surely you lot who keep saying 'coulda' 'woulda' and 'shoulda', aren't all blind? Or did you forget the parts of the match where Kirkland kept Wigan in the game? Saving Young's freekick, and two chances from Milner that he saved. Then of course a free header from Cuellar and one from Sidwell. By my calculations we COULDA won 5-4, we shoulda won 5-0, but no, we lost 0-2. Such is football.

As long as we're keeping tallies of chances, let's get it right.

Not in the mon out camp but would replace him for a few specifc names at the drop of a hat. For the most part hes the best we can get, not any better available.

Hes lost a lot of his fans this season though I Can tell you, massive booing at half time, massive booing at full time and I've not seen villa part empty like that way before full time in a long long time.

By my calculations we COULDA won 5-4, we shoulda won 5-0, but no, we lost 0-2. Such is football.

This is a joke init surely? We were tripe today, nothing short and a shit wigan side panned us.

They looked shit, we looked shitter and we got everything we deserved from that game.

Guest Ricardomeister
Your posts suck mate.

If you went to the match today u would have realised that we could/should have lost 6-1.

I was at the game today. If they would have won 6-1 it would have been one of the harshest scorelines ever to happen. So I really am not sure what on earth you're on about.

Stop with the whole "you should start going to matches" shite as well, many people are unable to.

I wouldnt go as far as 1-6...but we could´ve lost 0-4 with an ease. We were lucky to get away with 0-2 today.

Lucky to get away with 0-2? Surely you lot who keep saying 'coulda' 'woulda' and 'shoulda', aren't all blind? Or did you forget the parts of the match where Kirkland kept Wigan in the game? Saving Young's freekick, and two chances from Milner that he saved. Then of course a free header from Cuellar and one from Sidwell. By my calculations we COULDA won 5-4, we shoulda won 5-0, but no, we lost 0-2. Such is football.

Unfortunately the usual way to score is with shots on target and the MOTD stats had Villa 2 Wigan 9. On the balance of play today 2-0 certainly did not flatter Wigan imo.

Your posts suck mate.

'The parts of the match where Kirkland kept Wigan in the game'.

You must have watched a different game.

This is how i saw it.

A very very poor villa team, with a woeful ability to defend and pass the ball, lost to a well organised mid table team who exploited every one of our weaknessess.

Now whether you want to admit it or not, we got played off the park (at home) to a mid table side. We didnt just get beat, we got destroyed, and i mean that. There wasnt one positive to come from todays game. And at no point did Villa look like scoring.

He is not going to be sacked and nor should he be at this stage of the season, I would like to give him the full season to see where we end up. There's two weeks left in the transfer window he needs to use the time wisely because the excuses are not going to stick anymore.

Problems:

1- His refusal to sign a major first team player from outside of the U.K which results in the signing of players who are not technically good enough. We cannot retain possession of the football and as a result the defence gets put under more pressure than they should. Central midfield gets overrun. Sidwell contributes nothing, reo-coker is defensively sound, but cannot pass the ball.

2- His defensive signings are clearly not good enough. Cuellar is slow, cannot pass the ball and get's turned by movement far too easily, the same for Davies...except he has a bit of pace!

3- He says it is going to be difficult to replace Barry & Laursen. He has had many many months knowing both would be going, and has done nothing except throw a young kid from the 3rd division in at the deep end, which is very unfair on Delph i just hope it does not ruin him. As for replacing Laursen after saying he would not sell a player before having a replacement already signed, he sold Knight and has replaced him with..nobody. Now any team we approach will know of our desperation for central defenders and the price will go up! Does that approach not seem slightly naive?

He has a few weeks to sort out the problems that were glaringly obvious LAST SEASON, if he does not then he has no excuse and will deserve the criticism he will receive.

The problem I have with MON is that I can't see him progressing past where he has taken us. I think he has reached his limit. We play dull route one football, we lose possesion constantly and only have one attacking tactic. I had hoped MON would learn that we need to keep the ball if we hope to progress to Champions league standard, I had hoped he would see the need to play to the players strengths rather than force them into a system which does not suit them. I had hoped for some entertaining football.

I would keep MON for this season because I don't think we will be in too much danager of going down and I feel the distabilising factor of replacing a manager at this time would outweigh the possible positives of seeing him go. Next summer, however, I would look into trying to find a manager who could possibly take us that step further.

I would keep MON for this season because I don't think we will be in too much danager of going down and I feel the distabilising factor of replacing a manager at this time would outweigh the possible positives of seeing him go. Next summer, however, I would look into trying to find a manager who could possibly take us that step further.

Thats probalby where I am at, maybe even put some pressure on him with warnings to deliver and told to buy players and set achievement targets for the end of this season.

No point in upsetting things now, could be a total collapse. If he doesnt do well this season then yeah he should go.

If this is a rebuilding season, that's OK with me

Rebuilding?! He hasn't built us at all yet. He loses two of our best players (neither of whom were signed by him) and fails completely and utterly to replace them. Surely there's another manager in the world who could have bought us a decent central midfielder and defender, because O'Neill certainly hasn't.

I had hoped MON would learn that we need to keep the ball if we hope to progress to Champions league standard,

He is on record as saying that he intends to do that this season. Which is why I was so befuddled why we played like we did today. We managed to have more ball retention and interplay in pre-season but today...? Odd.

Not that I really care about that stuff. We could play like Wimbledon if it won us games, that is all that matters to me. Villa have absolutely no history of playing "attractive" (whatever that is) football.

too easy to say go, harder to point us in the direction that we should be going, i honestly cant believe that today i sat on here watching the game and posting and saw fans who seriously believed alan curbishly would do a better job, anyone on here who is willing to stick their neck out on the line (ie whinge) and say MON out should be able to say who can do better or shut up cos your not helping the club

shit result no denying that but sometimes i seriously question what our fans want/expect

personally - get the shit result out the way, realise the peace cup means **** all, go home ashamed watch MOTD see that city werent amazing, everton were even worse and hopefully spuds will be shit tomorrow, some peoples idea of the end of the wrld is far away from mine

Just watched his interview on BBC Sport. I don't like his tone when responding to transfer questions. He's meant to be a good motivator.

If he'd come out and said "We WILL be going into the transfer market and spending in all areas of the pitch because quite frankly, what I saw today was shocking and its clear we need heavy reinforcements." then fair play to him. If I was playing for him and he said that you bet your ass it would make me buck my ideas up.

Instead, no. He says "We'd like to try to enter the transfer market".

I love MoN. Don't want him to go at all (though I'm losing confidence quite quickly). Let him finish what he's started, I say. But please, please, please, for the love of God, super-mega-please, with a giant cherry on top, sort the **** team out. Even if you have to drop Ashley "world-class-one-man-team-thinks-he's-Ronaldo" Young.

/vent

Martin Jol for me whos realistically achievable. Mourino is the unrealistic type of targets I would take in a hat, but then he wants to get back to the prem maybe we could pose as a good route back in.

Rediculous poll....polls like this just define DOL's comments about the Villa fans....start making this poll when the 1st of september comes

Do you actually believe 15 days are going to change much?

Martin Jol for me whos realistically achievable. Mourino is the unrealistic type of targets I would take in a hat, but then he wants to get back to the prem maybe we could pose as a good route back in.

you mean the same martin jol who's just signed up to probably every dutchman's dream and is managing ajax? and couldnt get spuds past 5th (although unfairly IMO booted)

Â