Who has the best ground

mansonAVFC

In your opinion who do you think has the best ground?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion who do you think has the best ground?

• Arsenal (Highbury)
    • Chelsea (Stamford Bridge)
    • Liverpool (Anfield)
    • Man City (City of manchester stadium)
    • Man Utd (Old Trafford)
    • Newcastle (St James)
    • Tottenham (White Hart Lane)
    • Sunderland (Stadium of Light)

I say Arsenal, probably because the most exciting games of football seem to have been played their over the years, either there or in OT.

Something got to do with the champions league,and the fact that that was the most common form of football that I saw throughout my childhood.

Spuds as I've never seen us lose there. and hada great day in 94 with blandy

You obviously didn't come last season when we were spenked 5-1.

:evil:

Has got to be St. James park. Its just immense and very very impressive.

I voted for theme park anfield.

Spurs is decent, Newcastle impressive, Old Trafford, er, big and red, Sunderland's is decent, but a bit identikit. Arsenal is OK, but the atmosphere is crap, and the away end view is poor.

So Anfield wins, by dint of being a "proper" football football ground, still. Crammed in amongst the houses and pubs, on it's day it's a tremendous place, and it retains the link back, to an extent, with their great sides of the past. And the fans are alright, too.

I thought St James Park was very disappointing - no big screens or anything, just dull grey seats as well and the away supporters are just tucked away in a little corner high in the sky -nice view from up there though - but NOT of the game (look like little subbuteo characters) - but nice view of the surrounding area!!!. I liked City of Manchester Stadium, Anfield (particularly the Kop) was a lot smaller than I expected and I liked Stamford Bridge - particularly the area around the ground itself - I haven't been to any of the others listed (yet)!

I voted Stamford Bridge. Pulrely aesthetically. Its beautiful.

Do you wear glasses, N?

Beautiful? SB?

Eh?

It's nothing of the sort (though i respect eye of the beholder etc..)

It's a combo of a nasty 1970s triple decker stand, with terrible views from the lower tier, and 3 sides done in a 1990's identikit homage to money and glass and those yellowy bricks they use.

Get help.

Â