Friendly: Fiorentina h 2009/08/08 Reactions and Ratings

LancsVillan

Saw you at the game today Rob, with your lad. Liking the name of the back of the shirt. :lol:

Come and say hello next time!

I just didn't wanna go over and you be like.. "Who the **** are you!?"

Will do next time though.

I was at the game and like many, I was distracted by a guy being kicked out of the Holte Upper (what was that for?) and when my eyes returned to the action Fiorentina had a penalty (what was that for?)

I was at the game and like many, I was distracted by a guy being kicked out of the Holte Upper (what was that for?) and when my eyes returned to the action Fiorentina had a penalty (what was that for?)

Handball against Davies, very harsh, his arms were by his side and the ball was kicked from about 2 yards away.

clark did look good but saying he is ready to be our 4th choice cb? its one meaningless friendly!

i would rather we signed two established cbs and have clark around if needed. sadly i think mon will sign a cb and keep clark around first team as squad player. same with lichaj

clark did look good but saying he is ready to be our 4th choice cb? its one meaningless friendly!

i would rather we signed two established cbs and have clark around if needed

Well people are saying Delph is ready too. I'm with you though. Regardless of whether either of them are actually ready, the club needs to be in a position to progress just in case either of them aren't. And as such we would ideally need signings in both positions.

delph looked good but again like you say is he ready after just one game?

sounds to me like mon will start delph with with either NRC/Sids as i doubt stan will be ready

i agree with your other point completely. i dont wnat to rely on youth again

delph looked good but again like you say is he ready after just one game?

Thing with Delph is that is doesn't matter if he aint any good. We've got quite a few players other than him that can play CM, but like you say, at CB if Clark isn't good enough, he is currently the next man in line if a CB goes down. Scary.

i would rather we signed two established cbs and have clark around if needed

2 good games this preseason

and 2 good years in the reserves and IIRC england U19 captain, IMO the lads got to be given a chance at some point and he looks good

Friedel 7- Did the job, no worries.

Lichaj 6 - He's not disgraced himself and done reasonably well, but still not ready for me.

Shorey 7- No terribly noticeable, to be honest

Cuellar 8 - Anothet good showing, good performance and not noticeably troubled really.

Clark 7 - Impressive, didn't look phased at all, only flaws of his game being those that'll come wit knowledge at the top level. Not 4th choice fr me yet though.

Milner 8 - Some lovely stuff from Jimmy. His usual sterling work everywhere, more interplay with Ashley, and a little bit of flair too. Really enjoyed his little swivel and body swerve that completely flumoxed his marker as he received the ball in the first half.

Delph 8 - Working very hard to impress. He passes the ball exceptionally crisply and he looks like he wants things to happen all the time. Bloody rough tackler too, which'll need some work but he could be an absolute gem. I expect over the season we'll grow to have one helluva player here. Fantastic stuff.

Gardner 6 - a little bit anonymous. He's a player I really want to succeed but not his best performance, outshone by Delph who seems to have a tad more quality about him.

Young 7- Saw less of Ash than we might usually thanks to the increased use of Milner. It seems the management are very very keen on getting the wing talent to really click together and thus Young wasn't so relied upon. Decent performance from him though, hoping he can get his top notch delivery back.

Gabby 7- Fouled a fair bit and was fairly nicely shackled, he rarely got the chance to use his assets. He also seems not to be able to jump anymore, his toes barely left the ground whenever he was someting punted upto him. Hope he can kick on again.

Heskey 8- Good stuff from Emile. Scored the goal, worked hard, lead the line well and looked hungry. Seemed a bit more in shape to me as well, and a few others round us in the Holte.

Albrighton 8 - Marc could be a revelation. He's got consistant delivery, a trick or 2, pace, and he'll try different things as opposed to Ash's constant cutting in and back. I think we'll see a bit of him this season and he'll be an asset.

Carew 6 - We all love him but he can be so frustrating. He didn't have the easiest of times as it seems some refs don't think he can be fouled, but outside of that one minute he'd hold the ball nicely and the nxt he looked a bit lost. I also want to see him drifting to the wing less, he's a monster in the centre yet so often he wasn't there.

Delfouneso 6- He's got the talent for sure, couple of golden chances for him and he's so confident with it. Just not quite there physically yet I don't think. A loan would really do him good I think.

Sidwell 6 - Not a whole lot from him. I noticed before kick off he can strke a ball brilliantly as we all know but he missed a completely open net on shooting practice about 4 times, by miles. Hoping for better from him this season though.

NRC 6 - Not too bad, he gives the team a lift with his energy in CM but he couldn't seem to conjure anything more.

Davies 6 - Not bad from Curtis either, pen was harsh.

Lowry- Didn't see enough.

Guzan 6- The man has some penalty hoodoo about him I'm sure. Couple of good saves too. Keep it up Brad.

Good first half all in all, I'd have to say that the subs didn't have the fairest of times as the game always dies with so many changes and it's hard to shine. I don't think theres much we could bring from that game aside from the improved use of of Young and Milner, especially from Milner, who was really good last year but this season it seems we might be trying to add even more bite from him as well as gettin he and Ash working together better, and of course the unknown quantity in Delph, who gave me a lot of hope.

I also thought I caught sight of Rob but the fella I noticed had a bit moe of the Alan Moore about him ;).