Would you have Joey Barton at Villa?

Ettington_Nrake

Well would you?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Well would you?

• Yes
    • No

i think the thing is, he's a great player, but we could sign someone as good / similar ability without the baggage whereas Blues couldn't. If we were in the same state as them i'd probably agree with them to be fair.

I think even teh blues fans know how mush of a total epic word removed he is and despisie hi mas well

No chance.

I think that would actually be it for me and football if we ever helped the 'Toon out by taking the Barton circus down south.

Don't want to be too critical of Barton himself, as I think he's mentally ill and can't help it.

But avoid, avoid, avoid.

You might aswel have made a poll saying "do you want to get aids?"

The answer would have been as obvious.

I don't know, I saw this question on the Blues forum and 78% said Yes they would.

No but honestly, potentially he was a class act, at the moment, I'd feel pretty emberassed to take him.

If in 2 years, he'd played almost every game and re-captured form of his younger days then it's a "maybe" but not now./

5 people said yes, wtf?

I would boo the **** everytime he touched the ball at Villa Park, Villa player or not, that would give the club the message if everyone booed and he wouldn't play again.

I always liked him as a player. Tenacious, with a 'never say die' attitude, but he comes with too much baggage these days, and is best left to go to the likes of Small Heath, who will no doubt offer him "one last chance", so desperate they'll be to get a big name player in the summer.

How many chances to prove he's a complete f**king idiot does a man need? I'd be f**king fuming if he came anywhere near our club tbh. He's not a bad player... but he's not that good.

The fact his Brother (albeit half) is locked up for being involved in a racist murder whereby the victim had a rather large Ice Pick embedded into his skull upto the hilt says alot about his families upbringing and mentality. It's the old 'Nature Versus Nurture' debate...

His upbringing wasn't too shabby (brought up separate from his half brother iirc) however, he keeps friends from his past too close (just like Jeffers and look at him) and he is just one of those people who's brain works slightly different to most. For his own sake, he needs to be kicked out of football for a year or so and get some serious help. Getting paid 30k a week while being a c-unit all the time teaches him nothing. Infact, the government should section him for a while and give him a full mental evaluation as the guy is obviously more of a sociopath than anything else!

The thing that baffles me most about Barton is that whenever I've seen or heard him interviewed he comes across as a very intelligent man who talks a lot of sense about football and other stuff in general, and from what I've read he did very well at school as well.

The only thing that seems to let him down constantly is his vile temper. It's a shame really as he has lot to offer.

You might aswel have made a poll saying "do you want to get aids?"

The answer would have been as obvious.

I don't know, I saw this question on the Blues forum and 78% said Yes they would.

That's because they are a small club and a scummy club. As we are neither of those things, the idea of us signing Joey Barton is, frankly, pretty horrible.

No, indeed I would not go and watch a Villa team with him in it. My dislike of him is that strong.

When i said that about Heskey a lot of people criticised me ..isn't the club bigger than one player

well Ok Heskey never beat people up etc etc but the principal of not liking a player is kinda the same

The fact his Brother (albeit half) is locked up for being involved in a racist murder whereby the victim had a rather large Ice Pick embedded into his skull upto the hilt says alot about his families upbringing and mentality

:shock:

that's kinda flawed logic , i don't recall Hitlers sister invading Poland

No, indeed I would not go and watch a Villa team with him in it. My dislike of him is that strong.

When i said that about Heskey a lot of people criticised me ..isn't the club bigger than one player

well Ok Heskey never beat people up etc etc but the principal of not liking a player is kinda the same

It's really not the same at all Tony. I mean, I'm with you inasmuch as the club is bigger than any one player, but to not go and watch a team because you think one player is very poor is pathetic, to not go and watch a team because you feel morally uncomfortable with indirectly contributing to the wages of a scumbag is another.