Play Offs to The Premier League (New Poll)

Demitri_C

Who will win the final?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the final?

• Sheff Utd
    • Burnley

I think it will be Burnley or Preston, simply based on previous years results in the play offs.

The lower positioned teams always seem to do better, or so it seems to me.

The playoffs usually goes to the team with the momentum. Reading are the best team in those playoffs but not on form.. Preston are probably the weakest but have hit form at the right time to sneak in, and I wouldn't bet against them using that momentum to get into the Premiership.

I also think the teams that finish higher always do less well in the playoffs because they enter the playoffs with the mindset that they missed out on automatic promotion.. whereas teams who finished 5 or 6 are much more positive.

Apart from them I'd say Reading as I like Coppell
I like Coppell as well, but I read the other week that no matter what happens (i.e. if Reading gain promotion), he is resigning as manager.

If he would still be in charge next season, then Reading would have got my vote

Coppell denies retirement claims

Oh! That's interesting.. because I'm in the same boat as Phil.. I really like Coppell, think he's a really nice guy, and a good manager too.

I don't want Reading coming up again, boring plastic club with boring plastic fans.

Sheffield Utd have been up before aswell and the football they play is worse than Stoke.

Preston are crap.

I fancy Burnley to come up and they're the team i'd like to see come up. They've never been up before and they play the best football.

gone for Sheff U but no idea why ... maybe my instinct is as good as Lorraine's on The Apprentice :-)

Burnley's cup runs would suggest they could be equipped to survive in the prem if they were to make it though

Burnley 3 - Spurs 2

or Gareth Bale :winkold:

Alnwick, Gunter (Taarabt 95), Woodgate, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Bentley, Zokora, Huddlestone, O'Hara (Bale 62), Modric (Pavlyuchenko 65), Defoe.

I think Reading will win it but I want Preston to. One of my mates is a big Preston fan and I'm off to the pub with him and a few others in about half hour to watch the game.

the big derby preston vs blackburn!

preston should be there for history. irvine has done a terrific job there

Isnt the big rivalry Blackburn vs Burnley though? Their fans certainly sing about Burnley more often than they sing about Preston.

Â