The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

I havent had the chance to see Taylor Swift as yet. I hope to, unashamedly a fan of her music. In other gig news, just booked tickets to see Reverend Horton Heat in Vegas.

Just for you Seat68 another from the same concert. She was touring in America this year but didn't come over this time. She's excellent live with a terrific band.

8nlk.jpg

I'm afraid mate its the most embarrassing through my own choice. 

I seen Girls Aloud in a big tent at a festival and they were excellent. They really got a sceptical crowd onside.

Went to see them twice in Belfast and then in Dublin just before they broke up. Put on a terrific show on all three nights but you could tell something was up as during those three shows they were crying a lot. Personally i think they had one more album and tour in them but i hear that the other band members relationship with Nadine was strained. Wouldn't be at all surprised though when the money gets a little low in 5-6 years time you'll see them reforming for one final pay day?

7ohu.jpg

Edited by Morpheus

I'm afraid mate its the most embarrassing through my own choice. 

you like what you like

I've been accused of being a music snob because my taste is a mix of typical bloke of my age (Trojan box sets) and even more obscure shite. But it's just about what you like and what does it for you. I can't imagine why anyone would listen to stuff they didn't like, to look like they were cool or to fit in.

Anyway, I'm looking at drums with headphones this weekend so potentially nobody has to suffer my late budding career ambition of being a human techno dub loop master....

I've got a bit of a gig blank in the diary for a couple of months now, then Billy Bragg in November.

Yeah mate you've hit on a very good point there in that there are people who follow bands because its cool to do so rather than actually liking the music.

I've also been to see the Eagles, Spandau Ballet, Shakira, Beyonce, Coldplay and 'The Scissor Sisters' due to liking some of their music.

For me going to a concert is just a great night out as my fiancee and i book a hotel room close to whatever venue we're going to and get absolutely blocked before going out and since we have a room close to the concert we then don't have to wait an hour in getting a taxi back home again.

Great that you're interested in making your own music as there's nothing better than creating something that is unique to you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

coming up next week: Keys

lovely little local band, it might be the launch of their third album, if they turn up in time!

middle of October it's Tamikrest at the Bristol Colston Hall, that should be rather grand

for anyone in London tomorrow, Mountain of Love are playing at Surya (off Kings Cross), bloody excellent little band dancey dubby heavy beats kind of stuff

Edited by chrisp65

Got myself some tickets for the kerrang tour in February, limp bizkit oh hell yea been waiting 13 years to see these live and missed every opportunity too see them in that time but finally..... Also going to see bowling for soup on their farewell tour next month. Also Skindred in January up Wolverhampton

Too many gigs coming up I want to go to! The Fall, Wooden Shjips, Lee Scratch Perry, The Mighty Diamonds, and Martha Reeves & The Vandellas all playing in Leeds, before the end of the year. Billy Bragg & Television coming up at The Sage, in Gateshead. I'd like to go to all, but know I'm going to have to whittle the list down.

Edited by dAVe80

Got to see Franz Ferdinand at Ibiza Rocks last week - wouldn't ordinarily call myself a fan but they can certainly play live and have a decent set to play.

Have to add, the fact I was on a stag do and all of us were down the front definately added to the enjoyment factor.

Soundgarden were pretty amazing on saturday night but I doubt we'll be standing at a venue again, too feckin old and it was boliling hot like a sauna at the O2 academy.

Â