The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Arnie in Predator = Best Archer. 

He certainly gets top points for ingenuity

Making a bow with nothing but his muscles then Wrapping up gunpowder from his grenades in leaves 

It'll be a shame to see Arnie drag his good 80's action name through the mud even more now he's back making junk on a different level to Eraser and T3. 

I remember an interesting discussion in here about why 2 versions of the exact same film (Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) were vastly different, so I'm sure both sides of this argument could quite easily put forward their reasons for thinking why Hunger Games and Battle Royal are, or are not, the same film.

Go!

5m7.jpgRambo-bow3.jpg

600px-PredatorCustomTorqueBow-1.jpgJeffrey_Archer.jpg28418614-28418620-large.jpg

They are contenders but can they do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff97cI8zZAY

Although, this scene seems a bit different to what I remember :)

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

T3 had one redeeming feature in that I like the way the story was tied up at the end.

The journey to that point was terrible though.

Agree ending was good. 

I was in San Fran on my J1 visa the summer that was out. Saw T3 followed by Ang Lee's Hulk. Was put off going to the cinema for months by those two but went back to see Pirates of the Carribean which instantly restored my faith. 

Pirates was a fantastic flick. Incredibly entertaining, bordering on Pixar levels. 

But this is the internet Stevo, you're not allowed to have a rational opinion. It has to terrible in every way, or a horrible turd. :D

Ignore the facts such as record breaking revenue and awards. Its SHIT. In every way.

It did clean up at the Teen Choice Awards and Teen Icon awards to be fair. Though sadly lost on the MTV award for best Kiss.  :(

I think its quite funny that you felt the need to research my post to try and prove me wrong, then realising I was right ignore many of the 'gongs' and mention a couple of silly ones. :lol:

But this is the internet Stevo, you're not allowed to have a rational opinion. It has to terrible in every way, or a horrible turd. :D

Ignore the facts such as record breaking revenue and awards. Its SHIT. In every way.

It did clean up at the Teen Choice Awards and Teen Icon awards to be fair. Though sadly lost on the MTV award for best Kiss.  :(

I think its quite funny that you felt the need to research my post to try and prove me wrong, then realising I was right ignore many of the 'gongs' and mention a couple of silly ones. :lol:

It was a joke I was making after all.  :rolleyes:

I remember an interesting discussion in here about why 2 versions of the exact same film (Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) were vastly different, so I'm sure both sides of this argument could quite easily put forward their reasons for thinking why Hunger Games and Battle Royal are, or are not, the same film.

Go!

The difference is, TGWTDT films obviously have the same plot, because they're based on the same book.

Hunger Games and Battle Royale don't have the same plot. The similarity is the "event" in The Hunger Games is very similar to the premise of Battle Royale.

The entire story up to that point and around the event (and going on into the subsequent books) is different.

I fully admit Hunger Games may well have ripped off Battle Royale to get that element of the film. But as I said, the plot around that is not a rip off. Mainly because there's nothing much to rip off in Battle Royale. Battle Royale is just a film about the kids on that island with very little lead up or aftermath. There's a lot more going on in The Hunger Games (not necessarily for the better)

The HUnger Games is as much of a rip off of Battle Royale, as Battle Royale is of The Running Man

• Like 1

The thing with The Hunger Games is the author was criticised for ripping off Battle Royal. So the film itself is just an adaptation of the book. It's the book that ripped of Battle Royal. 

He was pretty good. Not sure his classmates appreciated his skills though.

We don't need to talk about him.

Robin Hood is clearly better.

Very good sir  :D

There are some great voices in that film.

Yeah definitely, Peter Ustinov, Terry Thomas, Andy Devine and a few others.

Phil Harris was the voice of Sheriff of Nottingham and Baloo in the Jungle Book, both characters looked very similar so, in the spirit of something else being discussed,  a bit of ripping-off occurred :)

And Roger Miller (Not the Footballer) as Alan-a-Dale sang some great songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLhYSw67pdg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2dImprgiB8

Very good sir  :D

I bet this is how much you laughed

tumblr_mgi44u4HXG1qc21pjo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

The thing with The Hunger Games is the author was criticised for ripping off Battle Royal. So the film itself is just an adaptation of the book. It's the book that ripped of Battle Royal. 

Well obviously  :huh:

But the book goes on for 2 more volumes after the one that's been made into the first film.

My point is Battle Royale is about kids shoved on an island to kill each other, right? And there's very little else to it (again I'm not stating that as a negative. It's just that that's all the film is about, there's very little back story)

The actual Hunger Games, as in the event that gives the Trilogy it's name, is the bit that rips off Battle Royale. That part takes up about a third (from memory) of the first book.

So there's 2 whole books and most of the first one that's got very little, if anything, to do with Battle Royale.

Edited by Stevo985

Â