The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Sandra B made at least $70 million from Gravity.

Couple of her monologues were awful.

Not her fault. The script was crap. Clearly just trying to fill some blank space with dialogue.

I thought she did pretty well overall though.

I'd love to see it again at the imax or something. But purely for the effects.

The closeups of SB's arse were amazing in IMAX. A perfect female figure floating around in great definition. I could have watched it for days.

• Like 1

Sandra B made at least $70 million from Gravity.

Couple of her monologues were awful.

Not her fault. The script was crap. Clearly just trying to fill some blank space with dialogue.

I thought she did pretty well overall though.

I'd love to see it again at the imax or something. But purely for the effects.

The closeups of SB's arse were amazing in IMAX. A perfect female figure floating around in great definition. I could have watched it for days.
That annoyed me to be honest.

May as well have put her in a bikini. Don't make a supposedly realistic film about space and then shoehorn in some totty.

It was weird.

Drive - 9 out of 10

Drive (BBC 1 rescored) - 6 out of 10 - Seriously wtf?! The Drive soundtrack was incredible. Thought it would be an interesting concept having Zane Lowe do something different. It ruined the film completely. Eyeopener for myself as a film buff as never realised how important a good soundtrack can make to the film. Zane choices were bizarre in that he replaced quality electric type music with below average electric music. What was the point?? Poorly edited as well. Never heard of any of these bands other then Eric Prydz. Would have been more interesting if he used a completely different genre like rock or hip hop or famous songs from present day and the past. Zane Lowe is still the man though but he messed up here.

I watched the re-score last night.

I quite enjoyed it. It is in no way an improvement over the original, but it was an interesting watch.

I don't think it ruined the film at all, but it was certainly worse as a result (but still not bad, imo)

I do agree that I'd have liked to see him go in a completely different direction. It was safe in that respect, in that he sort of went like for like. Not totally, but there was nothing too out there.

It would have been more interesting if he'd said "right, we're making the soundtrack entirely rock or entirely hip hop and see what happens". That would have been braver.

Some of the songs worked well. Bastille wouldn't be my favourite band but the song of theirs that they used worked very well at the point.

Others didn't work so well. The bit where they cut to Gosling testing out the race car sounded hilarious with the rock music they played. And the ending just didn't work as well at all without "Real Hero" playing.

So yeah, basically exactly what I thought it would be. An interesting idea, but probably not a great idea to choose such a good soundtrack to do it on, unless they were taking it in a completely new direction. Which they didn't.

Heat is such a good film.

Another good Sandra Bullock film.

Funny-gif-building-crumbling-demolition.

I joke.

Picture isn't loading for me but that had better be Demolition, Man.

Yep.

It's loaded now and I can see that you lied, you big ugly liar!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Â