The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Happiness_DVD_cover.jpg

Where has this film been all my life? Absolutely magical. There's black comedy, and there's this which is more blackhole than merely black. A must see.

And for those that have seen both, is Life Through Wartime worth seeing as well?

Is that the one where one of the main characters is a paedo?

Yeah, there's a scene where he has to explain what he's done to his son which is equal parts heart breaking, disgusting, appalling, and hilarious. Maybe the last bit less so, but.

• Like 1

Watched Pulp Fiction again last night. Its been a few years since I last watched it in full. What a film! Masterpiece.

Is there any Director who has such a constant high quality body of work as QT?

how about Christopher Nolan or James Cameron?

(its a question, not a statement)

Was Alfred Hitchcock a director? I think he might be my personal favourite...

tumblr_lrs96a0pSz1r3v6f2o1_500.gif

Sorry I'm not much of a movie buff and hardly know who's directing what, i do know that I like a lot of Alfred's films though don't know if he's made my all time favourites, just he's made the most that I like, if that makes sense.

Happiness_DVD_cover.jpg

Where has this film been all my life? Absolutely magical. There's black comedy, and there's this which is more blackhole than merely black. A must see.

And for those that have seen both, is Life Through Wartime worth seeing as well?

Is that the one where one of the main characters is a paedo?

Yeah, there's a scene where he has to explain what he's done to his son which is equal parts heart breaking, disgusting, appalling, and hilarious. Maybe the last bit less so, but.

Happiness truly stretching the boundaries. Real black comedy. Great film by a one of my favourite directors Todd Solondz. Love the characters played by Philip Seymour Hoffman and Jane Adams. Life during wartime is happiness 2. Check out some of his other films "Welcome to the dollhouse"  "Storytelling", warhorse etc

Was Alfred Hitchcock a director? I think he might be my personal favourite...

tumblr_lrs96a0pSz1r3v6f2o1_500.gif

Sorry I'm not much of a movie buff and hardly know who's directing what, i do know that I like a lot of Alfred's films though don't know if he's made my all time favourites, just he's made the most that I like, if that makes sense.

Yes I think I've seen nearly every Hitchcock movie. The master of suspense. Favs, possibly strangers on a train, vertigo, rear window. Treated his leading ladies like shit though according to Tippi Hedren. and destroyed her career. She did Birds and Marnie and I'm not sure she acted since.

Happiness_DVD_cover.jpg

sorry didn't see your post before i posted mine.

Yes I think I've seen nearly every Hitchcock movie. The master of suspense. Favs, possibly strangers on a train, vertigo, rear window. Treated his leading ladies like shit though according to Tippi Hedren. and destroyed her career. She did Birds and Marnie and I'm not sure she acted since.

Shame how he treated the leading ladies, there's always something. I think Rope is my favourite and all the ones you mention.

Shame how he treated the leading ladies, there's always something. I think Rope is my favourite and all the ones you mention.

The 1935 "The 39 steps" was a classic as well.  It is also interesting to note that Hitchcock kept Madeline Carrol handcuffed to her costar Robert Donat for hours on end, to create real welts on her wrists for realism in his movie plot.

The 1935 "The 39 steps" was a classic as well.  It is also interesting to note that Hitchcock kept Madeline Carrol handcuffed to her costar Robert Donat for hours on end, to create real welts on her wrists for realism in his movie plot.

Yeah 'The 39 Steps' Is really great. VIncent Gallo is another one with a rep for treating his actors really bad.

I assume you mean the 2010 Colin Farrell "The Way Back" rather than the 2013 "The Way, Way Back" with Sam Rockwell which is **** dog muck.

Rockwell is great in it though even if he mails it in some. Watched Moon again yesterday. My favourite actor at the minute and probably my favourite film of the past 5 years.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I do like Sam Rockwell, he was brilliant in The Green Mile.

I was a bit disappointed with Moon though, have to admit.

Really? How so? The very end (as in the last few seconds) is a little botched, but for me it's 99% the perfect movie. He'd have won an oscar for that if it were up to me. Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Â