World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Go on, help a noob!

I did. And i got a stalker for my trouble. It got so bad i had to put them on my ignore list!

Oh, and from 27th jan the Dr00dz are having a bit of a jolly up:

Lunar Festival

Every year the druids of Moonglade hold a celebration of their city's great triumph over an ancient evil. During the Lunar Festival, citizens of Azeroth have the opportunity to honor their elders by celebrating their sage wisdom, sharing in magnificent feasts, and of course... shooting fireworks!

Features

Type: Holiday Event

Date: January 27th - February 14th

Omen

The beast of Omen was once a hero of this world. A wolf of great strength and fortune, Omen fought beside the heroes of the War of the Ancients until he succumbed to demonic magics. Turning against his allies, he raged across Azeroth and carried death and terror in his wake. Finally defeated in Moonglade, Omen now sleeps among the silt of Lake Elune'ara. But each new year, during the festival, he stirs...

Elders

During the Lunar Festival, adventurers will have the opportunity to honor many of their elders, and by doing so, they will also honor their culture and their people. For this, the Coins of Ancestry serve as a tangible means to recognize those who have chosen the venerable path of respect. Those who are recognized thus will have their diligence rewarded with a selection of unique items.

Fireworks

The innovative and artistic engineers of Undermine have been slaving away since their display of pyrotechnics in July. Their latest and greatest -- not to mention highly dangerous to operate -- creations will be on display in the cities of the world every hour after sunset. Keep your eyes to the skies, and be sure to stick around for the finale!

Revelers, All

Many soldiers formerly abroad have come home to engage in the festivities. Share in the merriment and dance with the revelers, or, if you're so inclined, blow a kiss to one that catches your eye. It's all in fun, after all; they appreciate the attention!

Festival Outfits To help celebrate the festivities, a selection of unique clothing become available to adventurers. Such outfits have been worn in times past during the Lunar Festival and each is hand-crafted with only the finest soft fabrics and other quality components.

History

The Lunar Festival is a time of celebration. The peoples of Azeroth celebrate their triumph of many thousands of years ago, when an alliance of good races (Night Elves, Tauren, and Earthen - a proto-dwarven race) defeated a terrible evil. It is also a time of remembrance for the valor and wisdom of that ancient age.

The demi-god Omen was a being of great strength and knowledge. Blessed by Elune, Omen wandered primordial Kalimdor, guiding hunters and gatherers and offering luck and advice to all he met. When the Burning Legion launched their attack, Omen allied with Azeroth's defenders. He fought bravely but after many battles his wounds from demonic forces plunged Omen into a deep, dreaming sleep... where fel-inspired nightmares slowly consumed him. When he finally awoke, centuries later, he had fallen to madness.

The transformed Omen rampaged. No longer a creature of wisdom - but still possessing the strengh of Elune's blessing - he tore through the land, killing and devouring. Terror rode before him, and death trailed in his wake.

Omen's spree of horror ended when a coterie of ancient heroes gathered in the village of Nighthaven and faced the beast. They called down the moon's wrath and Omen, blinded and stunned by the power of the moon goddess, fled into the deep waters of Lake Elune'ara. That day marked the end of his rampage, and symbolized a new beginning for the people of Azeroth and the followers of Elune.

Today, the Lunar Festival is held by the druids of Nighthaven. Both the Horde and Alliance are welcomed to celebrate and shoot fireworks - a symbol of Elune's power. Ancient heroes of the past also appear throughout the land, offering gifts to those who find and honor them.

It is a time of happiness and fortune and celebration, but it has a deeper motive as well...

Omen, defeated so many centuries ago, yet remains in Lake Elune'ara. Although driven insane by the Burning Legion, the demi-god still possesses Elune's blessing and is, hence, immortal. During the Lunar Festival, he stirs... and heroes of the land are called to defeat him once again.

Chinese new year?

Most Mages respec to Frost/Arcane when they get to very high levels.

My plan was to go to Arcane, but I'll do some reading when I get nearer to L60.

The couple of L??s I met last night couldn't resist the fire stuff except occasionally, but that could mean anything :-) I can get enough hits in now that I take about 50% from any L?? I meet face to face. Of course epic players are probably a different beast from the gankers I meet.

The cooldown on Blink is far too long though. Especially now I've learned the trick of how to turn 180 degrees instantly.

That's the 3rd low leveller I've gone out of my way to help (VT mates aside). One turned to be a complete begging, stalking pain in the arse, so he went on ignore too. The other turned out to have a high level Lock as his main, and I still get the odd potion in the post from him, by way of thanks.

Well, after having a bit of time to think about it I've made up my mind I'm not bothering with any instances unless I can be ST in a larger raid as oppose to Mt in a 5 man. Whether its my build or lack of speed during combat I just dont think it suits me. So, its PvP for the foreseeable which will of course get me some nice weapons, trinkets etc and as I'm only 14k from Exhalted (two weeks max) I can get TUF and turn my attention to AB to get some serious honour.

The one thing that bothers me about last night the most is that I was using all the same techniques on mobs that I used at DM, and at DM the mobs were sticking to me like glue.

Anyway, thats the plan.

You can't concentrate on BG IMO, its good for the odd hour of madness, but after a while it bugs me.

Riss, you made a snide remark the other day when I asked a Warrior if he was a tank, I hope you see what I mean now! Warriors don't always hold aggro, it depends on their builds...

I've actually grown a lot of respect for Tanks since hitting 60, makes me think if I ever get an alt (I can't see it for the forseeable future) I'd quite like to be one, I'm always a bit jealous at the way they can steam into big bosses, get hit, and not lose a fat chunk of hp. I'd like to wear something tougher than leather too.

To be honest, I regret having not joined in with more instances. I'd be crap at one now, and my talent tree is probably a mess. The only one I ever did was the one where most of you guys helped. Witht he cash, drops and xp gained its quicker than the "cooking" quests and grinding. At level 37 I am falling a long way behind most of you guys....

That'd be my advice, do as many instances as poss. It's probably been easier for us lot, levelling up together, as we've always had people to do them with. That said, between L40 and now, all I really did was ZF, which is a great instance (you can ride in it for a start!).

Juju, I'm the same I haven't done many instances, so if you fancy doing some let me know. By the way I need to do SFK if your up for it.

Also a total noob question now can someone post what all the abvreviations mean

I know WC = Wailing Caverns, SFK = Shadowfang Keep, I see others but haven't a clue what they are.

Cheers

Not all Warriors are tanks, thats very true. If you asked a Fury Warrior to tank they would struggle (they usually duel wield and rely on burst damage and flurry attacks) but the build i have should be ok for tanking so I've no excuses tbh. BG will be enough to keep me involved for a while anyway and i have my Mage and Alliance alts to concentrate on once I've reached boredom lvl with Sion.

I remain convinced that Dreadmist drops in the Plaguelands instances are just a myth.

Full Scholo, finished run with a 20 silver repair bill (and considering we had the worst tank ever for the first two rooms, and i did the Leeroy Jenkins AOE in the undead room) wasnt too bad. No **** drops of any use whatsoever again.

Why must caster itemization be sooo shit that we can only go for stuff that never drops in instances?

Barrens ganking has gone to new heights Dan.

Now not only do you piss people off for ages by silenceing them or stunning them to frustration, you fear them into Mobs so that when they do die, they get a 10% durability bill for being killed by the computer too. :twisted:

Had the best AV battle ever today. If i could do stuff like post pics i would, because i took a print-screen, but i dont know how to post it.

My score ended at 49-15 and we totally dominated!

Even made myself a pally for best friend. Feared him 5 times (FIVE times!!) during a 5 min "struggle" :lol: And each time i feared him i laughed at him...

you had to be there! **** brilliant

LFG Scholo/Baron dreadmist not dropping run. Have Warlock. Need all others. 11:30pm? (hopefully)

11.30 it is. Save me a slot. Can't wait for another greed roll on Beaststalker Bindings!

Â