World of Warcraft

The_Rev

The Mage basically pulled every mob, but tbh, I am just not cut out for tanking and as that seems to be the only reason a War should be in an instance group - no more instances.

Tbh, if I didnt enjoy the social side and BG so much, i wouldn't bother renewing my subscription. Its an unbelievable game, I just think I picked the totally wrong class to suit me.

Some nights you just dont get anywhere....

All that happened was I finally found Gagetzan,got repeatedly ganked by ally rogues vanishing before the bruisers could intervene, and spending cash repairing my armour....

bah...

You do need a couple of days off from this game I reckon, to appreciate its beauty.... like looking at along term g/f, you forgot what you saw in them in the first place sometimes, til something beautiful comes along.....

like looking at along term g/f, you forgot what you saw in them in the first place sometimes, til something beautiful comes along.....

Like when they let you take em up the wrong 'un the first time? :winkold:

Another excellent Baron class run, starting to get to know the good players. Everyone was ace tonight, letting tank pull and not just trying to top damage stats. It's nice to see the stats, but sometimes I think they do more harm than good. The first two terrible runs tonight cost me 6G in repairs with nothing to show, the last got me +18int necklace, which is most handy. Even though the priest questioned my need roll. Look, it's my most important stat, and it's way better than the one I had. So **** off!

The Mage basically pulled every mob, but tbh, I am just not cut out for tanking and as that seems to be the only reason a War should be in an instance group - no more instances.

Unfortunatley, it is.

You will never keep up with Mage/Rogue/Warlock/Hunter in the Damage dealing stakes in an instance as a Warrior. Certainly in places where there is need for AOE, or lots of enemies attacking at once.

Example: At the end of the Baron run, where the six elite guards all come at once. I can Curse of agony all six without pulling aggro, and the dot will hit its full power. Thats 6000 damage to me before ive even started nuking. More dots can put me up to 8-9k before you count the nukes. Add Shadowbolts (600-700 non crit through to 1000-1200 crit) and pet damage (imps fireball is 60-70 DPS) and im laying down 15 K plus in about 30 seconds. Ok, i picked a bit of the instace where i will outdamage everybody, but attacking multiple targets is what i do. Its what mages do too. Hunters and Rogues have quite fantastic single target damage. We can all deal the pain.

What we cant do is control the mobs. We cant soak up damage anywhere near like a warrior. Mages can go splat in one or two hits. I can last a little longer, but an elite in Stratholme can do me in five or six hits. No one can tank like a warrior. Not even a Druid with 10000 armour, cos while he can take the punishment, he cant hold the aggro.

Warriors will always be tanks in small instances.

I haven't had many days like today. As Risso said, simply the worst group ever, followed by a Siongest nervous breakdown. The best bit was after the members left when he commited suicide by charging a group of elite mobs! Getting stuck in the wrong strat was funny also....

Then a faultless Baron run, no drops of course but then I've come to expect that, Risso I'm with you on the damage meters, dealing damage is only part of it, those displaying dmg should also show dmg received in order to show the tank's abilities, and also healing etc. Too often it becomes a competition between a mage and a rogue to hit top spot. TBH I'm happy coming second to a Mage with all that AoE he hits. Anyway, I'm not a combat rogue, thats my excuse, I have Improved Sap instead ;)

I didn't know Shaman needed intellect, are you guys the equivalent to the Hunter, you need all stats? ;)

Damage taken is **** up when a Warlock is in the group though.

I lifetap > Damage meter thinks ive taken damage.

I can lifetap a lot if i want to, and the Damage meter will look like ive been hammered, when i might not have been hit once in the entire instance.

priest:

shadow priest - no chance, i dont wanna write more, but N.O. C.H.A.N.C.E

SW:P + devouring plague + trinkets = +/- 4000 dmg during 24sec iirc

Right, what trinkets is he talking of?

Well, I've had right shit time on WoW tonight. It went like this:

1. Got invited to do Strat by Dan

2. Went to Strat and went to wrong entrance (got stuck and had to hearth)

3. Went back to Strat with Dan and Risso

4. Couldnt get any aggro no matter what technique I used so got called all sorts and caused two members of five man group to quit in disgust

5. Promised myself not to do any more instances until...well ever basically

6. Came on here to write this. :lol:

Its just as well Its a game really.

I still feel like cack on a stick though.

This really is a problem often, and pisses me off. Simply because show off mages think hurling a fireball at once is smart tactics.

Next time this happen methinks, im gonna let the mage die of aggro and let the warrior gain it again.

When i did ZG, the MainTank was alone with the boss for a long time, getting 5 sunder armor and etc. If people could just do that all the time..maybe not 5 but stay the **** away until its clear and tank has gotten aggro.

It really was a faultless Baron run. The first thing I do now when a tank charges mobs is wait a few seconds. Then I give him a quick heal if need be to save the priest a few mana points, then get going with the shocks/melee. I was quite happy with how it went. I was number 5 on the damage meter which meant I wasn’t being stupid charging in, but a decent amount of damage for the group. I also tried to do a bit of off tanking to keep he agro of the squishies. Wasn’t far behind the druid in off healing either, so am getting more well rounded.

Tarj, I’m mostly elemental specced, ie do damage through shocks and spells, so +int is easily my most important stat, particularly since my spells are the least mana efficient in the game.

And I think Si has taken a bit too much stick tbh. 5 man Barons are much, much harder than 8 man, which is still hard for the tank. If I’d been a complete boob last night, the group would still have been OK, the tank doesn’t have that ability, he can’t just get lost in the group like a shammy, hunter or lock, say. A 5 man is even more difficult. I’d say do a few more 8 man runs Si, gives you confidence and you get to know the way around. The main problem last night was that you didn’t know the lay out too well, particularly with the fear inducing bats flying about.

Doesn't really matter that much at earlier levels Craig, just do what's most fun, you can always respec later, just don't respec too often as it starts to get VERY expensive. As you're the only druid on VT, can't give you much advice tbh!

Healing will get you more groups at L60, but I'd expect Feral would make it easier to level up.

I can now see that my epic shammy quest is going to be a complete word removed. Has to be a 5 man Scholo, and then at the end you have waves of elites coming at you, anout 7 waves in total I think. Give it a miss for now!

Quite easy beeing a mage. Just sheep, wait, wait, wait and hit with everything you got.

I usually sheep, then use AoE away from the sheep and then whopping big fireball on anything I aggro. Is that about right?

Yeah, just do as many instances as you can early on, and make your mistakes now. Then you won't be as totally **** useless as the shammy and tank me and Dan started LBRS with last night when you get to 60!

Oh and before we did Baron, I helped a L19 mage through SFK. Still love that instance, and it was great fun running through it, one and two shotting everything. The bloke I was with couldn't loot the corpses as quick as I was killing them, and he got all sorts of nice blue drops, he was almost beside himself with joy!

Go on, help a noob!

Remeber last night Riss, where the Mage pulled the very first mob in Stratholme, and died within about three seconds of us entering through the gate?

"you didnt heal me!"

"erm, let the man with plate armour pull?"

After that, it was a fantastic, almost textbook run.

Most Mages respec to Frost/Arcane when they get to very high levels.

In theory, their damage drops, but in practace it doesnt. Fire kicks the shit out of everything on the way up, but at level 60, a lot of Alliance are wearing a lot of Fire Resist gear and if you are going to be running Moltern Core, then a lot of the things are totally immune to Fire damage, so while the big numbers you get with fire disapear, the number of RESIST/IMMUNE messages that pop up reduce dramatically too.

Cold Snap (wipes cooldowns) Ice Block (the Mage version of the Paladin pussy bubble) and Ice Barrier (the mage version of the Priest shiled) are too good to turn down when you play as the squishiest of all squishy classes apparently.. .

Â