World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Just found out my real gearscore is 5024, so not sure how the website i was looking at got it so wrong. Thought it was a bit odd....

"Gear score" isn't a concept supported ingame, but the most popular rating is the addon byt the name, surprisingly, GearScore.

There are other addons, and websites that also give you a rank/rating depending on gear, but there's no set formula to use, they all have their own individual scores.

Just found out my real gearscore is 5024, so not sure how the website i was looking at got it so wrong. Thought it was a bit odd....

"Gear score" isn't a concept supported ingame, but the most popular rating is the addon byt the name, surprisingly, GearScore.

There are other addons, and websites that also give you a rank/rating depending on gear, but there's no set formula to use, they all have their own individual scores.

Aye, someone had told me the other gs, yet it was wrong. Just got someone in the guild to tell me it tonight and they confirmed it's 5024. Can't be bothered to download the gs addon myself. :D

everyone is on about GS, but id rather raid w/ someone with a lower GS who can play their toon and be prepared for the fights

Very true.

I've played heroics with toons who have 5.5k+ GS and they have been abysmal.

Unfortunately, it's the most common way (along with w/achievements) that people judge how good a player is these days.

For example, getting into a 10/25 man with a GS lower than 5k is very difficult unless you are doing a run with your guild.

Yes, there are a lot of ignorant people around these days that judge players based on gs alone.

However, gs does play some part. With dps for instance, the chances are that if you have a low gs you will pump out less dps. Had someone in a heroic just yesterday that couldn't hit 1k dps, which is just pathetic. Shouldn't really be doing heroics with that kind of dps....

I don't judge players on gs alone though, hence the reason for me not having the addon. However, I do use a damage meter, which allows me to see if other dps are pulling their weight. If they're not then I will look at their gear etc.

Yes, there are a lot of ignorant people around these days that judge players based on gs alone.

However, gs does play some part. With dps for instance, the chances are that if you have a low gs you will pump out less dps. Had someone in a heroic just yesterday that couldn't hit 1k dps, which is just pathetic. Shouldn't really be doing heroics with that kind of dps....

I don't judge players on gs alone though, hence the reason for me not having the addon. However, I do use a damage meter, which allows me to see if other dps are pulling their weight. If they're not then I will look at their gear etc.

Yep, I didn't move onto Heroics until I hit the 2k dps mark, it would have been embarrassing.

I average around 3.2 - 3.6k now, which usually finds me either top or second on the meter. Many of the Northrend Heroics are perfect for AOE dmg, so Blizzard often does serious numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Level 70... Whooo hooooo! After 3 years I'd just like to thank the people that helped me along the way, my friends for always slowing me down, questhelper for confusing me further, Blizzard for bringing out HUGE patches and... there's a what? Expansion? But level 70 has always been the level cap I... 80?! FFS.

BRB.

Anyone have a healer or caster they no longer play and would like to part with in exchange for some hard earned cash, have taken 3 melée toons to 80 and don't think I can bring myself to level another toon and really want to play a caster of some ilk

The missed off the following fact:

"Laura off of Villatalk holds the world record for being the slowest leveller ever. She took 6 months to go from L1 to L3, citing her unwillingness to kill the cuddly, fwuffy bunnies as the reason for her lack of XP. And where can she get a handbag to match her Wristguards of the Eagle?"

The missed off the following fact:

"Laura off of Villatalk holds the world record for being the slowest leveller ever. She took 6 months to go from L1 to L3, citing her unwillingness to kill the cuddly, fwuffy bunnies as the reason for her lack of XP. And where can she get a handbag to match her Wristguards of the Eagle?"

Bahahaha.

I'd protest but I have been known to pick a (slightly) poorer stat item because it looks better...

Still, I'm enjoying myself playing as much, if not more, now than when I started :)

Looks like I'm going to flog my account. Or rather, ask somebody to reimburse me for my time spent playing whilst fully realising that the character is still the property of Blizzard.

Â