wedge

Do you live in Birmingham?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in Birmingham?

• Yes, born and bred
    • No, never
    • Born in brum, moved away
    • Yes but born somewhere else

Well I was born in Birmingham but have lived most of my life in Halesowen (the top end towards Quinton). There is a definite divide in Halesowen, as by me, people consider themselves Brummies, even though it's not part of Birmingham, but as soon as you go down Mucklow Hill and past the town centre, it starts being the real Black Country.

Born in that hotbed of Villa greats, Erdington, now live in 'town' (Burm City centre for non brummies).

is it only Brummies that call a city centre 'town' ?

I think he means if they are not from Birmingham they might not realise which town he means, I think anyway as its definately not a brummy thing.

Born at the QE in Selly Oak. Lived in Hall Green until I was 13. Moved to Norfolk. Various mishmash including 2 years back in brum in my early 20's. Moved to london aged 25. Now 38.

Funny that I grew up in Hall Green yet supported Villa; all due to my Villa supporting grandad who lived in Yardley. Lucky escape I think.

ianrobo1 wrote:

deko1970 wrote:

Born in that hotbed of Villa greats, Erdington, now live in 'town' (Burm City centre for non brummies).

is it only Brummies that call a city centre 'town' ?

I think he means if they are not from Birmingham they might not realise which town he means, I think anyway as its definately not a brummy thing.

Exactly what I meant I generally refer to it as town when talking to fellow Brummies and the city centre with all other people. It's not just a Brummie thing but does tend to be used by people in their particular locality. I wouldn't have thought for example someone from London would necessarily know which town I may be refering to. Anyway hardly important and I know what I meant???

Well I was born in Birmingham but have lived most of my life in Halesowen (the top end towards Quinton). There is a definite divide in Halesowen, as by me, people consider themselves Brummies, even though it's not part of Birmingham, but as soon as you go down Mucklow Hill and past the town centre, it starts being the real Black Country.

Ha you're right there, that was where I used to live. I'd consider myself more of a Brummie though.

Born at the QE in Selly Oak. Lived in Hall Green until I was 13. Moved to Norfolk. Various mishmash including 2 years back in brum in my early 20's. Moved to london aged 25. Now 38.

Funny that I grew up in Hall Green yet supported Villa; all due to my Villa supporting grandad who lived in Yardley. Lucky escape I think.

Sounds a bit like me. Born at the QE, grew up in Hall Green yet supported Villa. Moved away. Went back. Moved away again.

Born in Aston, now live in Gt Barr

Both son and daughter(Villa fans)born in Gt Barr

Grandkids(2) Born Erdington ..First words i taught them was Villa

where about in Great Barr and Amy at 2 and half recognises the badge - Villlaaaa and when we play on TV

got her to boo any team that plays in Blue, she gets confused by West Ham and Burnley though as she cheers them !!

Â