wedge

Do you live in Birmingham?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in Birmingham?

• Yes, born and bred
    • No, never
    • Born in brum, moved away
    • Yes but born somewhere else

So, does anybody NOT call their city centre town? :)

Its called downtown here in the states. I still call it town though.

Ps have you ever been to white label clothing in the corn exchange?

I've heard it referred to as "town" in New England. Though downtown is also commonly used, too... damn midwestern influence or something...

The Corn Exchange? Clothing? At MY age???? :)

Born in Birmingham & grew up in the posh part of Brum....... well Nechells 8)

Joined the Army at 17 and for the past 20 years have resided all over the world - mainly UK, Germany & Northern Ireland but regularly return home to see my family and friends in Brum. I always try to coincide my leave / long weekends back when Villa are playing at home.

Born in Aston, now live in Gt Barr

Both son and daughter(Villa fans)born in Gt Barr

Grandkids(2) Born Erdington ..First words i taught them was Villa

where about in Great Barr and Amy at 2 and half recognises the badge - Villlaaaa and when we play on TV

got her to boo any team that plays in Blue, she gets confused by West Ham and Burnley though as she cheers them !!

Sorry to bump ,but just seen your post..

Live now on Newton Rd (about 5 mins walk away from Scott Arms pub)

(and no, not actually living in the middle of a dual carriage way :lol: )

The youngest Grandson will be 2 this May, Got him to say Villa ,before mommy, daddy,nanny .Trouble is he doesnt know the difference when watchin footie on TV and thinks all teams are called Villa :lol:

Born in Laaaandon, watched me first football game at White Hart Lane aged 6 against a certain Aston Villa, moved to Solihull at 8, back to London for Uni. Dad supports Fulham, rest of family are gunners. Always felt Villa pulsed through me veins though...

Born in Staffordshire - Fathers family from Marston Green (which was Warwickshire rather than Brum in those days according to my 90 year old gran who still lives there!). Mothers family from Nechells, some still live there but she moved out to Lichfield aged 17.

Grandad was a Villa fan, as was my Uncle. My old man was a Rugby man so was never too fussed about football. Luckily for me my Uncles chose my team for me, although VP was the closest league club

I now live about 25 miles away from Brum.

I doubt it still exists. The majority has been turned into some poncy food emporium type place. Not a popular move in these parts.

Born in Aston, now live in Gt Barr

Both son and daughter(Villa fans)born in Gt Barr

Grandkids(2) Born Erdington ..First words i taught them was Villa

where about in Great Barr and Amy at 2 and half recognises the badge - Villlaaaa and when we play on TV

got her to boo any team that plays in Blue, she gets confused by West Ham and Burnley though as she cheers them !!

Sorry to bump ,but just seen your post..

Live now on Newton Rd (about 5 mins walk away from Scott Arms pub)

(and no, not actually living in the middle of a dual carriage way :lol: )

The youngest Grandson will be 2 this May, Got him to say Villa ,before mommy, daddy,nanny .Trouble is he doesnt know the difference when watchin footie on TV and thinks all teams are called Villa :lol:

Ok I live on the Pheasey

Amy just can not recognise the difference between us and West Ham but every time the badge is shown ...

indoctrination eh ?

I doubt it still exists. The majority has been turned into some poncy food emporium type place. Not a popular move in these parts.

The emos still hang out there. Went and had a look a few weeks ago. Only one place open and the food looks a bit too pricey for what it is also.

Â