bickster

How shit were Queen?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How shit were Queen?

• Completely and Utterly Shit
    • Completely Shit
    • Utterly Shit
    • Simply Just Shit

good god you're kidding right? Saw them live in 1979 or so at the Montreal Forum, great show, highly entertaining, I wasn't a huge fan but they made some excellent music. Yes Freddie was a primadonna but that's what being a rock star id about isn't it. Brighton Rock, Tie yer Mother Down etc, great stuff.

cheers, Gary

Picswiss_VD-45-06.jpg

Some of the musicians that have cited the band as an influence include: Anthrax, Van Halen,[54] Ben Folds Five,[55]Blind Guardian,[56] Kurt Cobain,[57] Def Leppard,[58] Extreme,[59] The Killers,[60] Foo Fighters, Green Day,[61] Guns N' Roses,[62]Helloween,[63]Iron Maiden,[64]Judas Priest,[64]Kansas,[65] Manic Street Preachers,[66] Metallica,[67] Mika,[68] Radiohead,[69] The Smashing Pumpkins,[70][71] Styx, [72] and Katy Perry [73]; amongst others

sorry felt under pressure to post something.

A front man with one of the greatest voices ever and a brilliant stage presence to boot. A guitarist with a sublime touch. The ability to write incredibly catchy melodies. So why do don't I like them?

Well, perhaps it's because their songs, although melodic and catchy, were not sexy, but rather a bit light and camp. They didn't have strong stomping manly riffs like Zeppelin...they were well, a bit middle class, not rock n roll enough, not dangerous. Which may have been why 40 yr old couples dressed like your mum and dad on holiday watched them.

I respect them as musicians and songwriters....all very talented, but just not my cup of tea I'm afraid. (I'd take them any day over any manufactured pop band though!)

Well, perhaps it's because their songs, although melodic and catchy, were not sexy, but rather a bit light and camp. They didn't have strong stomping manly riffs like Zeppelin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU6FWuOO-rA... one of the manliest riffs this side of Black Sabbath

I suppose being American, where Queen became non-entities after 1981 or so, changes my perception of them.

Â