bickster

How shit were Queen?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How shit were Queen?

• Completely and Utterly Shit
    • Completely Shit
    • Utterly Shit
    • Simply Just Shit

" Little things that we know are designed to wind up other posters also will not be tolerated"

( From Bick's rant on the ' political topics ' announcement

)

don't see much difference myself, i'd like to have seen some reactions should it have been " how shit are Sigur Ros ' ????. .....

seems it's allowed when it's music opinions...oh well hey ho.

and for the record....Queen were not my cup of tea

Avoided completely and utterly shit for the guitar solo in 'I Want To Break Free'.

Mercury didn't know the difference between singing and shouting.

'Killer Queen' has to be one of the most repulsive assemblage of sounds ever heard together.

" Little things that we know are designed to wind up other posters also will not be tolerated"

)

don't see much difference myself, i'd like to have seen some reactions should it have been " how shit are Sigur Ros ' ????. .....

Touche sir, and how true. Nothing like double standards.

I like a fair bit of the early material, and think they were a good band overall. Some of their stuff is definitely overblown and, frankly, a bit crap, but I think this applies to most bands.

I still think that their 1st Greatest Hits is a fine body of work and stands up against most other bands.

selected the top one as there wasn't a 'complete bunch of wannabe middle class cnuts devoid of taste that need all trace and record eliminated destroy destroy destroy' button.

was once emotionally blackmailed to attend a Brian cocking May concert and now have issues

:lol: Heard a rumour going round, actually. :P Well, I'm putting in my veto to this one. :D Guess I don't have to write anything more about my thoughts of this band.

Best thing with this thread is that I got to see some mor who likes them. :thumb:

maybe it was just me but I thought this was going to be a Royal Family thread and thought the options were a tad harsh

of course now I've got ...

I was going to vote "Completely and Utterly Shit" but seeing as Pelle seems like a nice bloke I've downgraded it to "Completely Shit"

I've been to his birthplace and family home in Stone Town for what it's worth .. I had lunch at Mercury's Restaurant on the sea front.. though shouldn't it have been called Farookh Bulsara's ?? ...

no relevance to the thread just an excuse to name drop another country :-)

)

Touche sir, and how true. Nothing like double standards.

oh come on lighten up fellas , there is a clear distinction between a post to wind someone up and some friendly ribbing

See the tip of 2009 Little Boots has covered Freddie’s single with King Giorgio ‘Love Kills’.

Queen had a few tunes I guess, but sadly seemed more interested in pompous stadium rock. As was pointed out on BBC4s Prog series, they bough Prog to the masses. Is that a good thing?

I think this poll verges on breaking "Post on Poster" rules.

I never liked Mercury, although he could certainly sing.

Basically I agree with Rob that their best stuff was on their first four albums, then they turned shit (except for the aforementioned backwards guitar solo on "IWTBF", which had a certain something).

Better at being shit or just better?

At least this thread has found some common ground between bickster and Pelle...

Haha, no, I've got nothing against Beatles, actually. Just think they're a bit overrated. :nod: And as Bicks hates that word we've got nothing in common at all. ;)

Oh, btw, thanks Tony, but you're deluded. :D I'm not a nice guy at all. :P

PB, according to that mr. Ferocious from Sex Pistols he tried to bring ballet to the masses. Anuthing good brought to the masses can't be bad, though. ;)

Â