which striker would you choose in January?

TrentVilla

Which striker would you like to sign  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker would you like to sign

• Ashton
    • RSC
    • Owen
    • Crouch
    • Defoe
    • Heskey
    • Jovanovic

I see good old Emile has jumped a % tonight !!!

It started at 7% - lets see where it ends up when he signs

Seriously, if he comes he comes. But all this "Englands 1stchoice striker stuff is just ridiculous. Whats the competition - it is 99% certain his partner for the next game will be Carlton Cole !!

If we sign him we sign him - but unless you were one of the 7% who actually wanted him before, please don't come on saying how he is "just what we need" - as you certainly didn't think that 4 weeks ago.

Personally, Kenwyne Jones and Darren Bent may cost 4 times the price, but they are 6 times the player, with 4 times the amount of career left.

But what do I know !

Seriously, if he comes he comes. But all this "Englands 1stchoice striker stuff is just ridiculous. Whats the competition - it is 99% certain his partner for the next game will be Carlton Cole !!

If we sign him we sign him - but unless you were one of the 7% who actually wanted him before, please don't come on saying how he is "just what we need" - as you certainly didn't think that 4 weeks ago.

Personally, Kenwyne Jones and Darren Bent may cost 4 times the price, but they are 6 times the player, with 4 times the amount of career left.

But what do I know !

I happen to agree with you in that I would have preferred a different striker and that Heskey is a strange choice but in the end MON has done rather well with this managing lark so I am prepared to give him the benifit of the doubt and certainly won't be throwing exclamation marks around like they are going out of fashion!!! ( :winkold: )

But what do I know !

its all very well talking about players like jones and bent, but their clubs dont want to sell (at least spurs wont sell unless they get a replacement- arrys not that stupid). so what do you want MON to do, he cant force teams to sell players.

MON has done what is needed- and move on to the next best choice, which it seems is heskey.

oh and arent you contradicting yourself slightly? your saying the competition for englands striker places is rubbish and thats the only reason heskey gets in- yet arent jones and bent english? why does capello continue to pick heskey over them if they are "6 times the player"

I see how fickle fans change their minds just coz they are afraid.

He's now up to 9% - I wish Gordon Brown wished he could do the election on here.

90% of Villa fans tonight have slagged a few of us off on one thread for saying we are disappointed with this signing as it isn't what we need,#

However, 4 weeks ago, 93% of Villa fans agreed with us.

Thats not screaming, thats just pointing out the fact !!

And go back 4 months, instead of 4 weeks - and Emile Heskey wasn't just not liked - he was HATED by Villa fans - to a bloody man and woman !!. So please, don't come on here saying how much you've always rated him, coz we all know - he is up there with Robbie Savage on the piss take stakes for villa fans !!

He's coming and thats the end of it , it looks, but please don't try and tell me the last 13 yrs didn't happen

He's now up to 9% - I wish Gordon Brown wished he could do the election on here.

90% of Villa fans tonight have slagged a few of us off on one thread for saying we are disappointed with this signing as it isn't what we need,#

And go back 4 months, instead of 4 weeks - and Emile Heskey wasn't just not liked - he was HATED by Villa fans - to a bloody man and woman !!. So please, don't come on here saying how much you've always rated him, coz we all know - he is up there with Robbie Savage on the piss take stakes for villa fans !!

He's coming and thats the end of it , it looks, but please don't try and tell me the last 13 yrs didn't happen

I didn't hate him and I don't hate Robbie Savage either but don't let that stop your quality ranting/ putting words in others mouths

Your logic is absurd.

Just because he wasn't peoples first choice (hell, he may not even have been MON's), doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good signing.

You're not even moaning about players, you're moaning about your fellow supporters and for no particularly good reason.

Give it a rest would you.

Personally, Kenwyne Jones and Darren Bent may cost 4 times the price, but they are 6 times the player, with 4 times the amount of career left.But what do I know !

Why is there such defence for heskey but only 7% in the poll , I guess the people who really know about football dont do the polls,

Please could all the football know alls contribute to the polls to enlighten the rest of us

Thanks

48% wanted Owen. He didnt want us, Reported he wants Man City

14% wanted RCS. Going to Man City

10% wanted Defo. He didnt want to come

10% wanted Aston. Out injured

8% wanted Heskey.

4% wanted Crouch.

2% wanted a chancy russain.

Heskey is the highest available option according to this poll and hopefully we've got him. I didnt vote on this, but have posted comments about Heskey being what we needed befoe. 8% wanted him above all others, it wasnt 82% didnt want him.

A poll of forwards now might be useful to gage opinion.

It was 7%

And that poll didn't include Sturridge, Doyle, Bent, Jones

I would say with almost certainty, that, being that Jones, Heskey and Bent are similar players, that 7% would have been split three ways, with Heskey probably coming away with the least.

In fact, looking impartially, Heskey / Carlton Cole ? - there aint much in it and Cole is 6 years younger.

Heskey is coming in Janaury - fact

I know anyone could come on here and say this BUT I know for a fact from someone directly involved in the deal that Heskey is coming in Janaury.

I'm not able to give any more details than that - I've seen people post similar things to this in the past and get slated for it. Obviously up to you if you believe it or not.

I find it hilarious how many ITK posts contain the line 'i can't give any more details than that'

Tricky one isn't it. I was told by someone ITK who wouldn't appreciate their details plastered over VillaTalk (and I'd never get any other inside info from them in future)

I've got the choice of either sharing what I know with other Villa fans or not.

I've posted for what it's worth but as I say believe it or not - it's up to you.

Oi Qwpzxjor1 - Is it alright to say told you so!

Â