Lance Armstrong: Will He Win Tour de France 2009?

maqroll

Lance Armstrong: Will He Win Tour de France 2009?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Lance Armstrong: Will He Win Tour de France 2009?

• Yes, The One-Testicled Wonder Will Win It
    • No, His Ego is Greater than his Ability Now

I should have known that Villa fans, who are intellectually superior anyway :D , would be well-up on their cricket and cycling ! I think I have said before, I dont think Lance is a very pleasant man but my goodness he was a good athlete. I dont reckon that he will. win it but he may well generate some more interest in Le Tour in 2009. Even if it is just the vultures circling for him to test positive - WHICH HE HAS NEVER DONE (apols for shouting). Perhaps he would gather more support over here if it was mentioned that the French seem to hate him too !

Can't see it, but good luck to him. I read "It's Not About The Bike" and was impressed, but I guess the jury's still out on the doping question. I'll keep an open mind. But I'll certainly be watching with interest.

Can't see it, but good luck to him. I read "It's Not About The Bike" and was impressed, but I guess the jury's still out on the doping question. I'll keep an open mind. But I'll certainly be watching with interest.

Really, I thought it was one of the worse books I have ever read. The man is an arse.

Really, I thought it was one of the worse books I have ever read. The man is an arse.

Well, yeah. I didn't say I thought he was a nice bloke. But like most sportsmen at the very top of their game, he is clearly completely driven and obsessive - an attitude which I'm sure helped him overcome cancer. I just found the story fascinating. And I'm not a cyclist of any description.

as he actually said he will enter it ?

has he got a team yet ?

I'm almost certain he has yeah. Think he's riding for Astana (the one that used to be Discovery).

I think he'll be up there, but he won't win it.

as he actually said he will enter it ?

has he got a team yet ?

I'm almost certain he has yeah. Think he's riding for Astana (the one that used to be Discovery).

I think he'll be up there, but he won't win it.

Astana are not formerly Discovery (formerly US Postal, and actually owned in part by LA through Tailwind). Discovery disbanded completely. Astana was a new team who now happen to have the ex-director of Discovery, Johann Bruynell and a number of ex-Discovery riders including Contador, as well as number of ex-Telekom aka T-Mobile riders like Andreas Kloden. They look like they will resign Vinokorov an ex-T-Mobile rider who was kicked out of the tour whilst riding with Astana. They were banned from the 2008 tour.

Bruynell of course is no stranger to hiring not so innocent riders. After Italian Basso was kicked out of the tour and fired by CSC, Bruynell broke ranks and hired him for Discovery. Basso was subsequently banned.

The man won the Tour de France after being diagnosed with testicular cancer, biggest ass I've seever seen ;)

Winning Tour de France makes him a good athlete, having testicular cancer and surviving shows he can be considered a fighter, but being such an arrogrant prick means he is an arse.

Didn't REALLY think it needed to be justified but obviously so.

Â