ender4

Would you fight for your country?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fight for your country?

• No way!
    • Yes, i will fight!
    • Maybe, i'm not sure

different peopel have different morals, clearly mine are different from yours

so morally for me some wars are justifable and some are not and I suspect that goes the same for everyone on here

is there anyone on here who has backed every campaign the British have ever fought in, I doubt it

I'd defend Britain, I wouldn't attack other countries. That about sums up my position, we're attacked, then fine, I'd sigh, get out of bed, mutter something incoherently about lack of bloody respect these, trot off to sign up, shoot the baddies, come back, put the kettle on, satisfied I'd done my bit, but I certainly would never actively get involved in wars over oil or other horseshit like that.

different peopel have different morals, clearly mine are different from yours

so morally for me some wars are justifable and some are not and I suspect that goes the same for everyone on here

is there anyone on here who has backed every campaign the British have ever fought in, I doubt it

Just so I'm clear on this, you think it's morally justifiable to sit back and not take action when a countries territory and it's citizens are subject to occupation by a foreign military force?

Your morals say that when a territory is invaded, the solution is through political discussion, even when it's been invaded by a country with a military government?

Just so I'm clear on this, you think it's morally justifiable to sit back and not take action when a countries territory and it's citizens are subject to occupation by a foreign military force?

sh why aren't we fighting the Americans in Iraq ?

do you believe all problems can be sorted by force ?

Because Iraq isn't our territory, if it was, we would be.

Do you believe all problems can be sorted by discussion?

Without question.

Better to go with a bang than a whimper.

Would you shout "This is Red Five, I'm going in!" as you entered the fray? I hope so.

I agree with the Die With Your Boots On sentiment. When in doubt, turn to Iron Maiden songs for advice on what to do. Although that did cause a bit of a stir at a Round Table do, when I spent a couple of hours playing with madness, before bringing my daughter to the slaughter.

At last! Someone who 'gets' my username...it's only taken 5 years... :-)

Better than the person who thought I was a closet red...I mean...

been there, done that, fired the rifle, got the t shirt, took the photos, got the medals, and would do it again tomorrow

Havent done that. Much respect.

Thats what i would want to write though if there was another conflict after the one were hypothetically talking about.

Count me in. Aye.

Without question.

Better to go with a bang than a whimper.

Would you shout "This is Red Five, I'm going in!" as you entered the fray? I hope so.

I agree with the Die With Your Boots On sentiment. When in doubt, turn to Iron Maiden songs for advice on what to do. Although that did cause a bit of a stir at a Round Table do, when I spent a couple of hours playing with madness, before bringing my daughter to the slaughter.

At last! Someone who 'gets' my username...it's only taken 5 years... :-)

Better than the person who thought I was a closet red...I mean...

i always thought that you were a big Nigel Mansell fan :?

Because Iraq isn't our territory, if it was, we would be.

Do you believe all problems can be sorted by discussion?

some can and have been

Northern Ireland being the obvious example

If I believed in the war and my country truly needed me, yes, I'd fight.

thats the key isn't it does you country really need you in Iraq ?

of course not

You've moved around a bit Ian.

I think the point was that you rated the Argentine invasion of the Falklands as morally justifiable.

Whilst I accept that you and I have different standpoints on most issues, up until now I have always respected your position.

On this I think that your hatred of one person has blinded you to the illegal action that was taken against that 'pile of rocks', where several of my generation died or were badly injured.

TT, debate the falklands in a thread you can start

because you can twist it how you like but some wars have never been morally justifable is Iraq ?

or vietnam ?

or Korea ?

or WWII ?

just questions

Not twisting anything Ian.

You did state that the Argentine invasion of the Falklands was morally justifiable, did you not?

Yes or no will suffice.

Â