Would you fight for your country?

ender4

Would you fight for your country?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fight for your country?

• No way!
    • Yes, i will fight!
    • Maybe, i'm not sure

A new Hitler-figure has risen, he has taken over all of Europe by force, and the UK is the only European country which is still standing free.

Nuclear weapons are irrelevant due to the nuclear shields protecting each country.

Other mass weapons are also largely neutralized by the shields.

USA, China & Russia were largely wiped out by nuclear weapons during World War 3, before the nuclear shields were invented.

Our armed forces are severely depleted, and it seems that the UK is next to be invaded. The government 'would strongly recommend' everyone of suitable age to sign up to fight a ground war.

Will you fight & potentially die for your country?

(Assume its your own country in the same situation if you're not from the UK).

edit: changed wording "requires" to "strongly recommends"

of course there's a choice. You either refuse to fight, or hide in a cellar, or sign up.

You might be a pacifist, or you might be too scared, or maybe you just can't be bothered. or you refuse just on principle that the goverment shouldn't force you to die for your country.

It conscription but they aren't going to put you in prison, as i'd guess about half the population would refuse to go & fight.

So in effect, its your choice.

No, there isn't really a choice at all. Scenario: We're going to be invaded so you either:

a) die fighting in the army.

Or

B) die on your front lawn when the 'bad guys' arrive.

You really think if the country was going to be over run and destroyed that half the male population would say," nah mate, not my responsibility".

I don't think as much of the UK as I used to but it's clearly still more than you do!

You really think if the country was going to be over run and destroyed that half the male population would say," nah mate, not my responsibility".

i'd hope you were right, but i think a lot of people would be more interested in who's gonna win X-factor and whether Man Utd win the league for the millionth time.

A lot of people probably wouldn't believe that the future of the country was at stake, people would say well there's a war in Europe, doesn't affect me... and they'll stay in denial till thebad guys DO turn up at their house.

We are a very apathetic country nowadays i think.

Of course, half the population was an over-exaggeration, but i think maybe 25% might refuse or just ignore the situation.

What, a chance to take down the bosch's lederhosen and give him another jolly good thrashing. Rather, what! Give me a cup of NAAFI tea, some bully beef, fix me a bayonet and let me at the blighters! Bally tenpenny ones dropping in the custard sir, put your egg and fours on and lets get the bacon delivered!

Erm, yeah, I probably would given the fight-or-be-invaded choice. If they wanted me to go to Iraq or Afghanistan, they could whistle. Basically I agree with Mr Robathan.

I got a letter from the government, the other day

I opened and read it, it said they were suckers

They wanted me for their army or whatever

Picture me giving a damn, I said never

i'd hope you were right, but i think a lot of people would be more interested in who's gonna win X-factor ...

Oh, you didn't say it clashed Saturday night telly. In that case, no chance. :wave:

By Hitler figure do you mean , rounding people up and killing them in camps or just a general taking back land that was rightfully theirs or fighting to destroy communism , sort of Hitler figure ?

I think based on your scenario I'd be making sure I was under the first nuke that landed back on WWIII , no way i want to be a survivor of something like that ,

but if this war took out USA , China etc then it would have to be aliens invading us , who else is it going to be , the surrender monkeys , the Italians , the Vatican ?

Without question.

Better to go with a bang than a whimper.

Would you shout "This is Red Five, I'm going in!" as you entered the fray? I hope so.

I agree with the Die With Your Boots On sentiment. When in doubt, turn to Iron Maiden songs for advice on what to do. Although that did cause a bit of a stir at a Round Table do, when I spent a couple of hours playing with madness, before bringing my daughter to the slaughter.

Â