• Biryani
    • Balti
    • Tikka Masala
    • jalfrezi
    • Madras
    • Vindaloo
    • Bhuna
    • Korma

If you're in Nuneaton, be sure to get a Chicken Tikka Masala from the Sundarbon Indian.

Best thing ever. The korma is top notch too.

*shudders at your girls curry*

Im going to sound like a bit of a snob here, but having Indian inlaws is probably the best thing ever. Some of the home cooked stuff I get to eat is spectacular. :)

Ceylon curries are nice too. Highly recommended.

Dhansak for me.

Its a dish thats traditionally offered in a vegetarian variety, which I am (and so is half of India!).

its the perfect curry. Its fractionally sweet, yet sour, with lentils and lemon juice, yet alsowarm enough to call itself a curry, yet cool enough to not me a macho sweatfest for those of the deadened tastebuds. A good, thick sauce, with lots of fibre in the lentils that thicken out the sauce.

Its a great curry, rarely disappoi9nting, and with the lentils is never "generic", ie it never tastes like all the other curry on the menu with less or more chilli added - it tastes like it was made indicidually.

And my local does a blinding chilli nan bread - just a regular nan but with lots of sliced cgreen chill ipressed into it on baking. Add a pillau rice, and some sag aloo, after onion bhajis to start - fantastic... and dhansak, being not too cool, and not too runny, really sharpens the palate for a cold beer or two....

Dhansak for me.

Its a dish thats traditionally offered in a vegetarian variety, which I am (and so is half of India!).

its the perfect curry. Its fractionally sweet, yet sour, with lentils and lemon juice, yet alsowarm enough to call itself a curry, yet cool enough to not me a macho sweatfest for those of the deadened tastebuds. A good, thick sauce, with lots of fibre in the lentils that thicken out the sauce.

Its a great curry, rarely disappoi9nting, and with the lentils is never "generic", ie it never tastes like all the other curry on the menu with less or more chilli added - it tastes like it was made indicidually.

And my local does a blinding chilli nan bread - just a regular nan but with lots of sliced cgreen chill ipressed into it on baking. Add a pillau rice, and some sag aloo, after onion bhajis to start - fantastic... and dhansak, being not too cool, and not too runny, really sharpens the palate for a cold beer or two....

Yeah

its yummy

Professor Oliver

If you're in Nuneaton, be sure to get a Chicken Tikka Masala from the Sundarbon Indian.

Best thing ever. The korma is top notch too.

*shudders at your girls curry*

Im going to sound like a bit of a snob here, but having Indian inlaws is probably the best thing ever. Some of the home cooked stuff I get to eat is spectacular. :)

Ceylon curries are nice too. Highly recommended.

So long as it tastes nice I couldn't give a damn how spicy it is.

Not a madras man myself. Prefer a vindaloo or if I'm not in the humour to sweat and hiccup I'll just have a garlicky balti or an oniony bhuna. Yummy.

In fact I made my hottest ever home-made curry last night. And just after I had finished chopping the 3 Scotch bonnets to go into it. What did I do? I rubbed my eye. I don't think I have ever ever experienced pain like that in my life. Cue standing with my face in a sink of water for 10 minutes then another 5 minutes with a towel to my eye wiping away the automatic tear reaction from the in-shock tear duct, then about another 5 before I could open it.

Then back to making the curry :nod:

So my Top Gear Top Tip. If you are chopping Scotch bonnets, never ever ever ever rub your eye :lol:

Not a madras man myself. Prefer a vindaloo or if I'm not in the humour to sweat and hiccup I'll just have a garlicky balti or an oniony bhuna. Yummy.

In fact I made my hottest ever home-made curry last night. And just after I had finished chopping the 3 Scotch bonnets to go into it. What did I do? I rubbed my eye. I don't think I have ever ever experienced pain like that in my life. Cue standing with my face in a sink of water for 10 minutes then another 5 minutes with a towel to my eye wiping away the automatic tear reaction from the in-shock tear duct, then about another 5 before I could open it.

Then back to making the curry :nod:

So my Top Gear Top Tip. If you are chopping Scotch bonnets, never ever ever ever rub your eye :lol:

I feel your pain.

I've been pepper sprayed

I guess it depends what you look for in a curry. Hot? Tasty?

Myself and the Missus are off to Lasan's tomorrow night for some posh injun food. Sweet.

To digress from curry, has anyone tried Glom'jamons (sic) of Jalabis (again sic)? I'm not normally a fan of sweet food, but that stuff is great

Staying on the sweet theme for a mo' (no to your question btw Tmy), it's not what I'd usually go for but for some reason I really like a peshwari naan with my Indian. I like the contrast :)

I guess it depends what you look for in a curry. Hot? Tasty?

Myself and the Missus are off to Lasan's tomorrow night for some posh injun food. Sweet.

To digress from curry, has anyone tried Glom'jamons (sic) of Jalabis (again sic)? I'm not normally a fan of sweet food, but that stuff is great

I think you mean gulab jamin ;-)

Â