• Biryani
    • Balti
    • Tikka Masala
    • jalfrezi
    • Madras
    • Vindaloo
    • Bhuna
    • Korma

So my Top Gear Top Tip. If you are chopping Scotch bonnets, never ever ever ever rub your eye :lol:

Definitely agree on that. Had a chilli eating competition with a mate a while back, after the third my eyes were watering so i, like a total idiot, wiped away the tears. Only to start involuntary crying even more due to the fact it feels like somebody has just set your pupils on fire. :shock:

I guess it depends what you look for in a curry. Hot? Tasty?

Myself and the Missus are off to Lasan's tomorrow night for some posh injun food. Sweet.

To digress from curry, has anyone tried Glom'jamons (sic) of Jalabis (again sic)? I'm not normally a fan of sweet food, but that stuff is great

I love indian sweets, especially Pistachio Barfi, but also partial to kulfi and i made some great Rasmalai a few weeks ago, no body else would eat then because of how they looked so i had the pleasure of 4 large helpings.

As far as curry goes, my staple would be chicken & spinach balti, plenty of plain naan and no rice (rice with a balti is just wrong) and no cutlery, normal madrass balti depending on my mood

Grew up on baltis - but now they don't seem to do the trick

Used to love tikka but similarly tend to find some of these fancy restaurants messing with the basic requirements.

Nowadays probably switch between jalfrezi, dopiaz, bhuna. Never been a real madras, vindallo or phall fan - although herself will often avail herself of one of those options and I will annoy her by scooping out the sauce out of her dish with my nan.

So for the purposes of the poll I go for bhuna as that's the last one I had.

I went to Lasans tonight, and have to say that it was absolutely fantastic. I went for:

Hiran Dhingri

Pot roasted Venison steak marinated with chilli, cumin and coriander;

ginger garlic puree served with sautéed spinach, fine beans and spiced

mushroom mince.

Fancy curry is pretty feckin great.

Does anyone still go to Azims for a Balti? Used to be the place to go, glass tables with the menus underneath the glass, a starter a balti (in a big balti, not the small things you see a lot now) onion dip and a naan for a fiver!

Just add a rasmalai (or 'a furry mouse' as we used to affectionately call them)and the memories of the early 80's come flooding back, not particularly of Azims, though i did go there on occasions.

Does anyone still go to Azims for a Balti? Used to be the place to go, glass tables with the menus underneath the glass, a starter a balti (in a big balti, not the small things you see a lot now) onion dip and a naan for a fiver!

Just add a rasmalai (or 'a furry mouse' as we used to affectionately call them)and the memories of the early 80's come flooding back, not particularly of Azims, though i did go there on occasions.

Rassmali! Yep tried that first in Azims :lol: You can buy the mix to make it in Asda :lol:

Earlier this year I completed one of my ambitions in life, Pizza dipped in Balti. It was as good as I always new it would be.

Only having curry is a bit boring now, I feel I may have ruined my relationship with Indian food for ever. I've tried cheesy nann but it is just not the same. I sometimes wish I could go back to that day and stop what happened but I cant. I will always love Indian food even if I know our best days are behind us.

I'm willing to try again and I'll have a chicken ceylon with pilau rice, but only when the time is right.

Â