Conor Gallagher

Like I say, he’s a really good player. In the last 3 months, he’s pretty much carried that Chelsea central midfield. He’s been playing a little deeper as well.

Rarely injured, Chelsea captain in a position we need.

For me, it would be a great signing. High energy, good player who can play a variety of positions. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

A dreadful deal for Villa considering one has world class potential and the other be a Dendoncker replacement

Tell us you don’t understand ball without telling us you don’t understand ball 😂

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Like I say, he’s a really good player. In the last 3 months, he’s pretty much carried that Chelsea central midfield. He’s been playing a little deeper as well.

Rarely injured, Chelsea captain in a position we need.

For me, it would be a great signing. High energy, good player who can play a variety of positions. 

But worth the wages?? We competing with other clubs for that signature, might take the highest offer to get it 

• Like 1

I agree. Just because Connor Gallagher doesn't have a fancy Foreign name you're all turning your noises against him. 

Most of the best players in the PL don't have fancy names and are British.  Palmer, Gordon Bowen, Saka, Solanke, Watkins, Toney, Gallagher,

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I agree. Just because Connor Gallagher doesn't have a fancy Foreign name you're all turning your noises against him. 

Most of the best players in the PL don't have fancy names and are British.  Palmer, Gordon Bowen, Saka, Solanke, Watkins, Toney, Gallagher,

Saka and Solanke as British as tea and crumpets 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delphouneso said:

Not sure where he fits in. Understudy to McGinn? Can’t see him being happy with that or us spending the money it would take to get him on a rotation option.

Or replacement … Selling McGinn generates pure profit which I get would be untenable for the vast majority of fans and not calling for him to be sold btw just pointing out. 

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Yah I can’t see him being impressed by living in Sutton Coalfield 

I see your point and agree he might not want to swap the West End for Broad Street, but if It was good enough for Gabby,  it's good enough for Gallagher! ;)

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As someone else alluded to, could be a very interesting if we do want Gallagher and they want Duran. There is some mad deal to be done there around FFP. 

It would have to be a mad one, wouldn't it? :D

I think Chelsea would sell, but his wage expectations would be very high, they would want a lot of money for him and rightly so, he's a very good player. I would worry about who we would need to sell to make this happen, but Chelsea can't offer him CL football can they? :flag: 

49 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As someone else alluded to, could be a very interesting if we do want Gallagher and they want Duran. There is some mad deal to be done there around FFP. 

Scenes when both us and Chelsea get charged for attempting to circumvent PSR.

FA decide because we aren't Man City action needs to be taken now and retroactively deduct us 9 points from this season restoring the preferred order.

If Duran is playing up then there are plenty worse players that we can swap him for than Gallagher. For those saying we don't need a CM, look at how we've struggled in that position over the season with injuries and fatigue. 

Where he would rank amongst our current CMs I'm not sure, I'd definitely put him on a level equal to most of them though. 

Would love him here. He's got the type of intensity that we need in our midfield. No idea why Chelsea wiuid sell him though being a regular in the first team.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Would love him here. He's got the type of intensity that we need in our midfield. No idea why Chelsea wiuid sell him though being a regular in the first team.

Been reported various times it’s due to PSR/FFP.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

If Unai wants him who am I to have doubts. 

At this point all discussions come with this caveat, so let's continue with the chatter.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

As much as I like Luiz and Kamara, they’re a little pedestrian. Gallagher dominated our midfield twice at VP last season. Sure, he wasn’t the only one, but his energy will be welcome. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'd definitely swap him for Luiz. Don't think he's as technically as gifted but he far more drive. 

That's the play I see the club doing.  Swap Gallagher for Duran and sell Luiz. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As much as I like Luiz and Kamara, they’re a little pedestrian. Gallagher dominated our midfield twice at VP last season. Sure, he wasn’t the only one, but his energy will be welcome. 

I don't think Kamara is pedestrian. I think Gallagher wouid compliment him.

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

That's the play I see the club doing.  Swap Gallagher for Duran and sell Luiz. 

Would be a shocking piece of business

• Like 3

Â