Midweek Football 6/9 May

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

See above. Public holiday in Bruges: Ascension Day.

So festival in Italy or public holiday in Bruges? Or both 🤣

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

So festival in Italy or public holiday in Bruges? Or both 🤣

Festival & public holiday in Bruges. Are Villa fans really ready to adapt to continental culture? 🤣 

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Very tight. Not even sure if the frame they freeze it at is one too far forward as well, which would make it tighter:

That genuinely could be onside, they seem to be inline to the naked eye.

I think the other player (not the one heading) was off. And that was played in their general direction. I say that's a very good (lucky) call. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Very tight. Not even sure if the frame they freeze it at is one too far forward as well, which would make it tighter:

In the freeze frame the ball had already left his foot This is exactly what I was talking about recently, manually freezing the screen. A toe, an arm can be like tenth of a second, you cannot freeze that manually. It's been metioned by the camera pros, the cameras used are not the correct ones for VAR, as you cannot freeze a frame quick enough or get a clear picture of the ball leaving his foot.

That is not offside when the ball makes contact with his foot for the pass, which is why you cannot call tight offsides.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

In the freeze frame the ball had already left his foot This is exactly what I was talking about recently, manually freezing the screen. A toe, an arm can be like tenth of a second, you cannot freeze that manually. It's been metioned by the camera pros, the cameras used are not the correct ones for VAR, as you cannot freeze a frame quick enough or get a clear picture of the ball leaving his foot.

That is not offside when the ball makes contact with his foot for the pass, which is why you cannot call tight offsides.

I'm not sure either way if it's offside, would need some lines drawn, but I agree about the frames and obviously it shouldn't have been called.

18 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

tbh. i think it id offside, the camera is at a slight angle that favours the attacker, i think if you drew the line side on, and the camera was side on, it would look offside.

it is tight tho.

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh. i think it id offside, the camera is at a slight angle that favours the attacker, i think if you drew the line side on, and the camera was side on, it would look offside.

it is tight tho.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

DeLigt is offside here, and he 100% is involved in the play and affecting what the defenders do. I think that's offside. I'd be absolutely furious if we conceded a late goal when a player was offside and this involved in the play.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The line is going through the attackers foot, it should be a few more cm go the right, making him offside imo. It also is ignoring the attackers knee and shoulder which could also be used.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

DeLigt is offside here, and he 100% is involved in the play and affecting what the defenders do. I think that's offside. I'd be absolutely furious if we conceded a late goal when a player was offside and this involved in the play.

I agree but that’s not how the rule works at the moment.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

The line is going through the attackers foot, it should be a few more cm go the right, making him offside imo. It also is ignoring the attackers knee and shoulder which could also be used.

You’re looking at the wrong attacker. The line, if accurate, doesn’t cut through the guy who headed the ball back at all.

Actually it was the defender who headed the ball back, not either attacker, but the dark-haired Bayern player was closest and affecting play the most when the long ball was knocked down.

Edited by fightoffyour

Â