Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 8 of 10

imavillan

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Attacking wise our bench is really weak as aside from Duran we have no one who can impact the game offensively. Given our injuries over the whole season then it is a miracle we can secure top 4 football today.  We have over achieved all season though so we know we are capable of finishing the job today.

Moreno can impact the game offensively. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Need to defend well and hope they don't get any corners or free kicks near the box. Hopefully give Olsen nothing to do and certainly nothing that requires any organisation.

This is the worst news possible as it means we may be without Emi in Greece. Meaning we are out.

Let's hope he is being rested!

Think Emi will start in Greece tbh.

Really is make of break today for Olsen. I think if he concedes 2 or more his Villa career is over and he'll be moved on. By biggest problem with him is he just looks so nervous all the time. Doesn't instill any confidence, unlike Emi who is the polar opposite 

Edited by NorthEastVillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Moreno can impact the game offensively. 

Underrated how much of an impact he can be I think. Gives us a totally different way of creating chances from the left hand side.

Just now, DaoDeMings said:

Underrated how much of an impact he can be I think. Gives us a totally different way of creating chances from the left hand side.

It was his pass that made the first goal against Arsenal and that's not taking into consideration his cutbacks from the byline. 

(Albeit, he hasn't been as good at the latter this season).

Just now, Don_Simon said:

It was his pass that made the first goal against Arsenal and that's not taking into consideration his cutbacks from the byline. 

(Albeit, he hasn't been as good at the latter this season).

Yeah it's his ability to go the byline. Don't think he's necessarily better than Digne, just gives a lot of flexibility if we need to change things up

4 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Not even Moreno?

Maybe. He is in his 30's now and whilst not the worst on that bench, hasn't had a good season after his injury. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I was gonna guess Mrs Dibu's fancy gold hairdryer attachment, but then when you look at the full picture I have no idea, but I didn't know I wanted a DIBU 1 argentina/Villa plant pot but I do now :D

Mate (drink) - Wikipedia

Could be key losing Emi for two games like this.

I'd take a draw if we can get one. Olsen is so so so so bad it's right to be in fear seeing his name on the starting lineup. 

We got so near we can touch a trophy and the top 4 and the football gods take away our most important player.  Load of dogshit.  Hopefully my mantra in life that if you expect something to be shit, it turns out alright holds true today.  UTV!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

And Gauci, Kellyman, Duran definite keeps imo. Iroegbunam debatable

Duran and Tim I would sell, Kellyman I would send on loan. Maybe Gaucci too.

But that isn't for this thread.

Either way the bench is shockingly poor today.