Parking - help please?

ferguson1

Going to this with my son and it’s been a long time since I’ve been. My lad is only 12 and it’s his first ever game!

I’ve decided to drive and will be getting off the motorway next to Star City but unsure where to park?  Is it best/safest to park on Star City and walk over or can I get closer and park somewhere better?  Just thinking of the finish time and if my son starts moaning at the distance.

Many thanks 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Going to this with my son and it’s been a long time since I’ve been. My lad is only 12 and it’s his first ever game!

I’ve decided to drive and will be getting off the motorway next to Star City but unsure where to park?  Is it best/safest to park on Star City and walk over or can I get closer and park somewhere better?  Just thinking of the finish time and if my son starts moaning at the distance.

Many thanks 

Star City is fine. Plenty of spaces available so just up to whether you fancy a 20 minute walk or not. Also can get back on the M6 at Castle Brom if you're going South rather than wait for ages attempting to join it at the Spaghetti junction.

A little closer and the Aston Powerleague has parking but think there's frequent complaints about the junction lights so you could be waiting to get out of it for a fair bit after the match.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Star City is fine. Plenty of spaces available so just up to whether you fancy a 20 minute walk or not. Also can get back on the M6 at Castle Brom if you're going South rather than wait for ages attempting to join it at the Spaghetti junction.

A little closer and the Aston Powerleague has parking but think there's frequent complaints about the junction lights so you could be waiting to get out of it for a fair bit after the match.

Cheers Chris, probably just go with Star City then 👍

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Many thanks 

Star City is free and about 10-15 minutes extra walking than, say, the Aston Powerleague (I normally park there) where you have to pay £10 for.

Really depends on how far you mind walking...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Many thanks 

Loads of free parking at the other side of Aston Park. 10 min walk and no delays getting away after. 

• Thanks 1

Park under flyover More Lane/Brookvale Road, need to be there at least an hr early together a spot an 15 min walk. Great for after the game to beat the traffic.

• Thanks 1

On 22/04/2024 at 18:28, ferguson1 said:

Cheers all, I’ll see what the weather is like on the day and what kind of mood my lad is in, and if he’s up for walking 👍

I’ve parked here quite a few times, it’s usually a £10, but was a £5 for the Europa games.

Only a five/ten min walk

• Thanks 1

Thanks again everyone, some really good suggestions. I’m aiming to get close by early, so will go for one of the options suggested 👍

Got one very excited boy that’s counting down the days!  

I normally park on Upper Sutton St and make sure the car is turned around so I can get out quickly or near the Power League (both free). Park Road is also decent but you have to get there early. Short walk to the ground too.

• Thanks 1

You could park at a station e.g. Chester Road & catch a direct train to Aston (or Witton), but after queuing in the cold & dark along the street for hours after the match, due to the shocking lack of trains, your son would leave you for a better Dad. 😔 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Where did you park in the end @ferguson1?

Morning, Star City in the end.  Motorway was busy arriving and my lad wanted a prematch McDonalds. In all fairness he didn’t moan at all walking in or walking back and was easy back onto the M6 👍.

It was a great evening for us to be fair, despite the end result. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Morning, Star City in the end.  Motorway was busy arriving and my lad wanted a prematch McDonalds. In all fairness he didn’t moan at all walking in or walking back and was easy back onto the M6 👍.

It was a great evening for us to be fair, despite the end result. 

Nice one - glad you all had a great evening.👍

• Thanks 1

Â