The great pub stories thread

lapal_fan

We've all been locked in, surely?

Any legendary nights out, where you end up waking up getting pissed on by a feral dog in El Salvador?

Who was the div in your friend group who got tied to a lamppost?

Where did that tattoo of Carlton Palmer come from?!

Share your great nights out stories HERE.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Spent three days solid in the boozer from New Year’s Eve onwards. Kipping  on the seats for a couple hours then getting straight back on it. It was absolutely amazing watching people come and go and then come back a day later. Looking at me like I was a lunatic. Only came home after the gaffer eventually had quite word and said could you please leave. (And me making improper moves on his 18-year-old daughter.) 

Thought about going to rehab afterwards, but I said no no no

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Told this story before... 

Wigan away last game of the season, a load of Villa go for Blackpool weekender, I get on the bus mate 7am with a 6 pack of cans, hit Blackpool have some beers, I'm in flares maybe 3pm, hit by gut rot so rush to the bogs

No toilet seat, you're not beating me

No lock on the door, I'm no amateur I put my leg up to hold it, no way are you beating me

Unleash hell

No bog roll...

Safe to say I binned them pants 

grimace-clint-eastwood.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Who was the div in your friend group who got tied to a lamppost

Well yeah, that was me, my stag doo, trousers round my ankles. Photos taken. I assume on zoom function. 

• Haha 1

I know I've told it before but a mate reminded me last week.  This is God's honest truth. 

I'm saying 1988 or 1989. News years eve, Gun Barrels Selly Oak (God rest it's soul) 

10 deep at the bar. Guy behind me taps me on the shoulder.

"Excuse me mate, do you go down The Villa?" 

"Yes mate, how do you know?" 

"I stand behind you, recognised the back of your head" 

THE LEFT SIDE! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Told this story before... 

Wigan away last game of the season, a load of Villa go for Blackpool weekender, I get on the bus mate 7am with a 6 pack of cans, hit Blackpool have some beers, I'm in flares maybe 3pm, hit by gut rot so rush to the bogs

No toilet seat, you're not beating me

No lock on the door, I'm no amateur I put my leg up to hold it, no way are you beating me

Unleash hell

No bog roll...

Safe to say I binned them pants 

Similar thing happened to me at a pub once but luckily I'd been to the bank earlier and had my paying-in book in my pocket.  

2001/2002 I think. Our local after work pub in Whitecross Market. We’d all pile in after work for a quick one and every once in a while we’d be there all evening. 
On one night, we were thinking about leaving, must’ve been about half ten, when the doors to the pub are thrust open and some northern bloke stands there shouting “has this place got guiness?”.

Myself and the barman both shouted in unison “It’s Johnny bloody Vegas”.
In my memory, he was fairly new on telly so a good few people didn’t recognise him. 
He marched up to the bar and asked if he’d have to drink quickly or would there be a lock-in. The barman immediately told the dozen or so people that they had two options. Either they vacated the bar now or they were in for the duration. 
what followed was about five hours of stories from Johnny which had the place falling about with laughter. Hardly anyone spoke, we just listened and laughed. 

At least, that’s how I remember it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â