Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Looks like it’s already happening. A few squad players and maybe 1 or 2 big (ish) signings at best this summer 

You know what I’m fine with that. 
if we were able to get Barkley, Hermoso and say Rabiot for free then 2 big signings to improve on the 11 then I’d be stoked. Improve on sustainability and gain more funds for next year, stay in the top 5 and good run in CL then attack the market with full force next year

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Being linked with left backs, centre backs and right backs.  Something tells me Unai isn't happy with our defence 🤔

Why would you say that?

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Being linked with left backs, centre backs and right backs.  Something tells me Unai isn't happy with our defence 🤔

Tbf we've leaked a lot in the latter half of the season. I can't believe they're not coached well enough. So I can see why. It might be the difference with being in a title challenge or not. Or a cup win.

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

None of us are happy with the defence atm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Because we ship goals for fun and can't defend set pieces.

I was taking the Mickey brother 😉🤣

I totally agree, DM, RCB and a RB.

lets face it Kosta is a project, Cash is not upto it and Konsa is better central. Ned to find a solid RB.

we don’t what Mings will come back like, Carlos is a liability so Ronald makes sense. DM is crucial it relieves pressure off the back 4 and allows us to play our possession based game. We’re a totally different machine when we’re able to attack while having long periods of possession ( City home game).

clear up these issues and we’re humming. Could use an extra attacking playing but it’s not a necessity and we’re stacked if we keep all our players and welcome back those from long term injuries.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, duke313 said:

is anybody?

list them on the back of a postage stamp.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't see us laying out any big money transfers fee's.

Why not? Window hasn’t even opened yet! 

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Why not? Window hasn’t even opened yet! 

I just don't think we will.

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Defence does need a major overhaul, to be fair. 

yep.

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

No mate, you gave a theory on the internet that has no place in reality - sorry.

I listed the book value and amortisation of the players each year that I considered to be fringe.... the figures might be SLIGHTLY out but not drastically. That is reality

4 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Blimey how does £50m magically turn into £250m. I assume you are not an accountant 

he means you can spend that in year one if all the players you sign are on 5 year deals, how the person proposes to pay the amortisation for the other 4 years..... I have no clue.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Good 

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't see us laying out any big money transfers fee's.

Depends on 'big' I think. For one, PSR will I think mean overall prices are down a bit from previous seasons. I doubt we'll smash our transfer record but still expect we'll bring in 1 or 2 in the 30+m range.

Â