Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Then we won't sell as he has 13 mil left on his amortisation. 

And I don't see why we wouldn't get that amount. He's a very good full back teams need players like him and he provides a lot of experience to inexperienced teams. 

Oh I totally agree he is, not doubting his skills nor his value to our team. But he’ll 31 by the time the season starts and doubt anyone would come knocking our door down with the wages he has. Although being incredibly durable and played great for us this season, he’s lost a bit of his step and I just can’t see anyone stumping 20M on him. 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Then we won't sell as he has 13 mil left on his amortisation. 

And I don't see why we wouldn't get that amount. He's a very good full back teams need players like him and he provides a lot of experience to inexperienced teams. 

16 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Borja Baston still only 31.

Didn't get a fair enough crack the first time round maybe Unai can get the best out of him?

Bring back Samatta while we're at it

42 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Digne was very good but if we can sell him for like 18-20 mil we can sign a new LB for a similar price on lesser wages. 

If we can get £18m for him - get rid without question. But I can't see us getting half that.

Monchi may work his magic though.

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Your mate needs to learn how to use a full stop and comma.

Agree with all his points though, by the way.

Don’t you realise what is fashionable these days???

……………………..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

fair assessment. I also think Barkley was quite heavily influenced by a former player of ours off the pitch, which had an impact on his game… 

F that guy 

😆

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Gallagher is very good and Barkley would be a deep bench player

We will still hopefully sign an extra B2B and DM on top of Barkley. Ultimately his role will be to be a 70tg minute sub and play in Cup competitions and vs weaker prem opposition. 

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Borja Baston still only 31.

Didn't get a fair enough crack the first time round maybe Unai can get the best out of him?

Getting flashbacks to your fury at the idea of signing Tielemans last summer.

If that's anything to go by I hope we sign Barkley ASAP.

42 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

Bring back Samatta while we're at it

yes, he is still only 46

To summarise, so far this transfer window I have seen recommendations of the following players: 

Barkley

Abraham

Baston

Samatta 

Gallagher

and, somewhat incredibly, one of those appears to be happening…  

Posted (edited)

Woah! 😆

We warned them?! 😂

Emery and Monchi want Araujo

The coach and sports director of Aston Villa warned Barça that they would bet on the Uruguayan if they qualified for the Champions League

The club is pending to place Diego Carlos before submitting a formal offer for Ronald Araujo

The presence of Emery and Monchi in Montjuïc coinciding with the dispute of the match between Barça and Valencia led to multiple rumors. The coach and sports director of Aston Villa spoted amicably with those responsible for the Barcelona sports area. A relaxed, informal talk, which served to catch up on a market that promises strong emotions. Specific names were talked about, but one focused most of the interest.

Edited by Jas10

Â