Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so if Grealish's money runs out for 24/25, we prob do need to make one big sale if we want to continue spending big.

Increase in revenue in the last year has sorted that out 

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Increase in revenue in the last year has sorted that out 

has it though?, i know we have had a revenue increase, but our wages and costs has also sky rocketed, im not sure the grealish money is accounted for.

We really don't need much. We have a strong squad and we can't be as unlucky with injuries as last season. 

Players will continue to develop. 

If we can add 2 or 3 smart signings we will be in a very strong position.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

totally agree.

In my head, i have Kosta Ned as second choice right back, with a new starting RB, and Konsa able to cover in a pinch but back as a primary CB.

Cash sold.

Simple as this and then Hermoso on a free to come in as LB or CB when needed.

Rogers/Ramsey we will need an upgrade in that area as much as people are happy with it, they wont be the quality required to be starting champions league games imo, then we need a strong CM/DM.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We really don't need much. We have a strong squad and we can't be as unlucky with injuries as last season. 

We need more quality in the squad for depth but not an overhaul. Plus, we could easily shift several fringe names which would leave us short on numbers but clear a lot of wage too. 

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He’s the sort of player who wouldn’t bring the squad down and would be here a long time. Not a marque signing IMO and that is marque money

Floor raiser is probably the best way to describe Gallagher. Doesn't grab the headlines and not incredible at any one thing but does help improve the players around him. I think he'd pair quite nicely with Tielemans like McGinn currently does

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

has it though?, i know we have had a revenue increase, but our wages and costs has also sky rocketed, im not sure the grealish money is accounted for.

Yes, his money isn't on next years accounts, think about all the added extras we have next season, it covers it.

We do need to sell an expensive player occasionally over 3 year period if we want to spend heavily in that period though.

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

Floor raiser is probably the best way to describe Gallagher. Doesn't grab the headlines and not incredible at any one thing but does help improve the players around him. I think he'd pair quite nicely with Tielemans like McGinn currently does

Yea I'd say that is a good description.

Posted (edited)

Strongest XI

Martinez

New RB    Konsa     Pau    Hermoso

Kamara

Mcginn             Luiz  

Bailey                                 Nico Williams

Watkins

*Subs*
 Gauci   
 Mings 
 Nedeljkovic   
 Moreno   
 Rogers  
 Diaby 
 Tielemans  
 New DM/CM
 Duran

We expect players to be rotated more heavily and thats me feeling Buendia and Ramsey may be sold for FFP but doesn’t necessarily mean this will be the case… threw in Nico as one can only dream

Edited by RicRic

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This. Even just Mings and Emi returning make a difference. Get a Kamara replacement/support, a right back.and more reinforcements in midfield and attack, and we are good to go.

No to Gallagher and Barkley im hoping this is the last i hear of this nonsense, we are going into the champions league and these are the names im seeing 🫤

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

No to Gallagher and Barkley im hoping this is the last i hear of this nonsense, we are going into the champions league and these are the names im seeing 🫤

I doubt anybody would have Moreno or Rogers as players to transform us either tbh 

Gallagher is absolutely ideal signing, versatile CM can be CDM, AMC or play off RM/LM as one of the narrow 10s. 

How on earth Unai and Monchi got the job over you, I’ll never know!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Gallagher is absolutely ideal signing, versatile CM can be CDM, AMC or play off RM/LM as one of the narrow 10s. 

I've got to be honest I've never understood what he does as a player, but, I am open to have my mind changed.

5 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I've got to be honest I've never understood what he does as a player, but, I am open to have my mind changed.

What he does is score or have a blinder against us! 😆

• Haha 1

Unai saying we won’t sign many isn’t really conclusive of anything, if he says we’ve got a big summer and want loads of signings it just increases prices. I’m sure he’ll be backed to make the signings he wants. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t get near £100m spend 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Unai saying we won’t sign many isn’t really conclusive of anything, if he says we’ve got a big summer and want loads of signings it just increases prices. I’m sure he’ll be backed to make the signings he wants. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t get near £100m spend 

We can get near £100,000,000,000 spend. 

We just need to pull in £999,999,999 in sales.

Â