Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

The trouble with Barkley is you know it will go wrong at some point, or he gets a season ending injury.  He's done well at Luton last chance alley but we've up a level now. 

So all the "doomers" on here caring about FPP and saying its gonna be a problem this window and we'll likely need to sell to buy anyone were right all along I guess, unless we think Emery is a shit source 🙃

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Could be a quiet summer 👀

Na… not quiet… gonna be busy one way or another.

Maybe we prioritise shifting players first and making room and freeing up funds to add genuine quality where we need it.

Mings and Buendia will be back to boost us, Kamara will take longer…

Plenty of players will leave… Lenglet, Zaniolo, Sanson hve already left… then we have the likes of Chambers, Archer and possibly more youngsters like Kesler and Iroegbunam to move on…

Need to get deals sorted for Coutinho (linked with move back to Brazil and asking price of 5-7m iirc) and Dendoncker (🤦‍♂️ can’t see it being easy to get a decent fee and someone to pay his wages)…

Hause will be moved on at some point, Olsen perhaps…

If decent offers come in for Cash and Digne (especially) I’m sure they’ll be seriously considered… maybe even Carlos.

Can’t really say what’s going on and what will happen with Duran…

Get most of that sorted and we can bring in some big guns aswell as some intelligent frees or low cost signings (players on expiring contracts)…

Hermoso may happen first.

I’m sure it will be busy… Monchi has a lot to get done…

We have to strengthen to be competitive in the CL and to do well in the league… it will happen.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Personally I’d love this. 2-3 quality additions and not lose anyone key is my ideal.

Tbf, it’s arguable that that’s all we really need if everyone is fit and approaching form or sharpness…

Imagine a fully fit and firing Mings, Buendia, Ramsey and Moreno… all back to their best next season… that’s a big boost.

Kamara to return later…

But I’m sure we will still add genuine quality and be much stronger than the squad we have had and who has been available this season.

CL is a big step up but I do feel that the ECL adventure has provided a some decent experience and has been really useful…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

High quality free transfers in the mould of Tielemans I think. Then probably one big signing towards end of the window once we've lowered the wage bill and got in 30m.

Posted (edited)

It’s easy to misinterpret his comments and get the context wrong… to dwell on what appears negative and ignore what is positive:

I think we can be intelligent and build a strong team to compete in the Champions League, the Premier League and the cups."

Of course, we are going to be very demanding in getting the best possible to improve the squad. But we have to work now, deeply analysing it

Personally… I think a lot of this stuff gets overblown, especially by journos who want clickbait headlines…

We will definitely be signing players… but it could be 2-3 rather than, say 5 for example.

Never said it would be difficult to sign any players… or that we won’t be strengthening…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

We may sacrifice someone the fans feel is essential but I trust the process and people we have in charge … one of McGinn, Luiz, Konsa, Ramsey, could make way for 2/3 quality additions and I’m ok with that. We will only sell if it benefits us and our terms … no more bullying into selling players 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Sooo, which key player could we live without, easily replace and gain us the capital needed? 

I don’t think a key player is leaving and maybe that’s why we don’t go crazy in terms of transfer spend… retain our core and quality and reintegrate the injured players who will have plenty to offer.

I only see a top player leaving IF we receive a big or crazy offer and the players wants to leave (why would he?)… no one to go on the cheap…

We’re gonna be fine… and kick some more ass! Strong and competitive in both the league and THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!

Let’s focus on that achievement and how excited our players will be to play in that competition with our club!!

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think a key player is leaving and maybe that’s why we don’t go crazy in terms of transfer spend… retain our core and quality and reintegrate the injured players who will have plenty to offer.

I only see a top player leaving IF we receive a big or crazy offer and the players wants to leave (why would he?)… no one to go on the cheap…

We’re gonna be fine… and kick some more ass! Strong and competitive in both the league and THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!

Let’s focus on that achievement and how excited our players will be to play in that competition with our club!!

It’s a hypothetical question, if the scenario does come up that we need to sell. So as fans, who do we feel, will have the biggest fee and the lest impact on leaving 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

42 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Who knows how many only a few players are. 3 or 4 could easily be only a few players. That would take us from 18 players emery trusts to 22 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s a hypothetical question, if the scenario does come up that we need to sell. So as fans, who do we feel, will have the biggest fee and the meat impact on leaving 

No worries mate… but I’d rather not even think of selling anyone of value and importance. Everyone else carry on though…

We’ve achieved something huge… it’s not just a dream for us fans but the players too… I see them relishing turning out for us in the elite club competition…

A really positive moment… I’d like to stay in that mindset and fully appreciate it.

Why would anyone want to leave? They love life with Unai and we are flying…

Don’t think we need to sell anyone, I don’t believe that… just, if a big offer comes in it may be considered and for the player to decide on…

We have enough “deadwood” to shift and make money from imo…

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's a pragmatic response. It's also ensuring we don't tip our hat too much and get ripped off as a new qualified CL team either. There's a few names we need to shift on the fringes for sure.

• Like 4

Â