Weekends Football 2/4 February

andykeenan

Not that I want the Everton goal ruled out, but what was the difference in that and the goal we had disallowed v Sheff Utd when Ramsey touched the keeper on the arm?

• Like 2

Anyone who is actually watching the game would have seen that Spurs have had very little control of this game since their goal (as is the case in most of their games), that Everton goal is no surprise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Vicario ain't great when players crowd around him at corners.

That's our formula for the Villa Park game at least.

Still think Spurs will win this but that will put doubts in their mind that Everton can score from very little.

VAR will rule ours out though, like Sheff Utd.

Just now, duke313 said:

Not that I want the Everton goal ruled out, but what was the difference in that and the goal we had disallowed v Sheff Utd when Ramsey touched the keeper on the arm?

PGMOL would argue that Ramsey 'grabbed' Foderingham is my guess, not that I disagree with your underlying point

Just now, duke313 said:

Ramsey had hold of the goalkeepers arm and was actively pulling it.

The Everton goal the player had no arms on the goalkeeper at all and was just backing into him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Ramsey held him to stop him from moving. Harrison just stood his ground. Had Harrison held Vicario it wouldn't have counted I suspect.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Ramsey had hold of the goalkeepers arm and was actively pulling it.

The Everton goal the player had no arms on the goalkeeper at all and was just backing into him. 

So basically, backing into player is fine, lightly touching the arm is not? We’d do well to remember this when Spurs come to town in few weeks.

Personally think if you aren't going for the ball it should be a foul. Harrisons only aim is to back into the keeper and when you are jumping in the air a slight knock is going to impact you a lot, he might be weak but he's trying to get the ball and the other is not.

Edited by AndyM3000

So basically, backing into player is fine, lightly touching the arm is not? We’d do well to remember this when Spurs come to town in few weeks.

If it was lightly touching the keeper it probably wouldn’t have been disallowed. He had hold of the keeper stopping him jump for the cross.

Can’t believe people are still salty about it :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

If it was lightly touching the keeper it probably wouldn’t have been disallowed. He had hold of the keeper stopping him jump for the cross.

You sure about that? We had two stonewall penalties denied in the same match 😂

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I think if there wasn't a backdrop of massive inconsistency with regards to decision making, people would be a lot more accepting of it tbf

You sure about that? We had two stonewall penalties denied in the same match 😂

I think your definition of “lightly touched” and “stonewall” need calibrating 😉 

Â