Boxing Day Football/Midweek Football 26/28 December

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

A draw or loss here for Arsenal will be a big let off for us.

That'll do 1-0 Wet Spam!

Why? Do you really think we're in the mix for the title? I'd much rather an Arsenal win and some more distance from the other European hopefuls tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why? Do you really think we're in the mix for the title? I'd much rather an Arsenal win and some more distance from the other European hopefuls tbh

We are in the mix yes if results continue to go our way. An anyway, I'm no fan of Liverpool, but do not want Arteta anywhere near the title.

I doubt Wet Spam are gonna threaten us or Brighton, unless our pants properly fall down either.

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I doubt Wet Spam are gonna threaten us or Brighton, unless our pants properly fall down either.

6 points off us, as it stands. That's nothing over 19 games. I'm all for Arsenal and Liverpool wracking up every point possible if it means Spurs, West Ham, Man United and Brighton dropping points

Admire your optimism we might still be in the mix higher up than that, I think it's pretty far fetched tbh so I'd take locking down that top 4 spot given the choice.

And I don't like Arteta either, but Klopp's at least as much of a word removed, and I'd still take them over the alternative. I'd love to see Man City dissolved as a sports club. Anyone but Man City. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's irrelevant whether people think we're in the mix for the title or not. We are where we are and teams around us losing only strengthens our current position.

Just now, villan95 said:

Considering Wet Spam recently lost 5-0 at Fulham I'd like to think they won't be a problem

I guess what you've got to ask is whether our 2ppg is sustainable for another half a season. I'd absolutely love to be wrong but I just don't see it. We'll have a downturn in form at some point. More of one than West Ham? Hopefully not, but I'm very nervous that we end up 6th or 7th. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

I guess what you've got to ask is whether our 2ppg is sustainable for another half a season. I'd absolutely love to be wrong but I just don't see it. We'll have a downturn in form at some point. More of one than West Ham? Hopefully not, but I'm very nervous that we end up 6th or 7th. 

2ppg has basically been what we've been doing for over a year now though so I'm hopeful we can continue it. And while we might not repeat results like the wins over Arsenal and City I'm hopeful we'll get them back v Forest and Newcastle etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Considering Wet Spam recently lost 5-0 at Fulham I'd like to think they won't be a problem

Don't think they will. Let's not forget we battered thrmn now one of their big players looks badly injured 

Â