Christmas Football 22/24 December

andykeenan

21 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

He took Everton to the Champions League qualification rounds where they were knocked out at the first hurdle. The season they qualified, Liverpool practically gave up and focused on the CL latter stages from April onwards. They also finished 11th the season after. As I said, he's a good manager that has a certain level. He's also failed miserably at Manchester United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland.

Barry was an outstanding player and then moved onto win the league at City whilst being one of the first names on the team sheet that season. When Moyes went onto 'bigger' things, he was awful.

Moyes was basically given no money. Wasn't his only signing Fellaini? Their struggled since, despite spending fortunes, suggest there's more serious problems at the club.

This idea that good managers must always be at top clubs otherwise they're not good, even if they overachive elsewhere is just a narrative I can not agree with. Very 'Sky Sports'.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Moyes was basically given no money. Wasn't his only signing Fellaini? Their struggled since, despite spending fortunes, suggest there's more serious problems at the club.

This idea that good managers must always be at top clubs otherwise they're not good, even if they overachive elsewhere is just a narrative I can not agree with. Very 'Sky Sports'.

Moyes was given a fair bit of money, not as much as the top clubs or even us at the time but still considerably more than other clubs.

He had the 7th biggest wage bill and finished 7th or there abouts for the most part.

As I said, he's a good manager that has a ceiling. He's far from outstanding.

Â