Best performance you’ve seen?

RadioTom

I’ve had a quick look through the threads and I can’t find anything similar…

Tonight wasn’t vintage and you could clearly see it was our fourth game in 10 days, but that City performance and then following it up with that? Wow. 

For me, City was the best performance I’ve seen from a Villa team since my first game at VP in 2001/02 (Villa 2 - 0 Blackburn). 

I’d be interested to hear from our older fans - where do our current performances rank amongst the greatest you’ve seen? 

10 minutes ago, RadioTom said:

I’ve had a quick look through the threads and I can’t find anything similar…

Tonight wasn’t vintage and you could clearly see it was our fourth game in 10 days, but that City performance and then following it up with that? Wow. 

For me, City was the best performance I’ve seen from a Villa team since my first game at VP in 2001/02 (Villa 2 - 0 Blackburn). 

I’d be interested to hear from our older fans - where do our current performances rank amongst the greatest you’ve seen? 

Seen plenty of top performances since the 70's.

Liverpool 5-1 in 76 but that was really just the first half.

The midweek win is probably the most complete team performance I can remember.

• Like 1

Blurry line between best performance and favourite game 

In the flesh I think the Liverpool Fa Cup for the day, the atmosphere, the exceeding expectation etc I loved that day but genuinely can't remember if we actually played well or not 

Same with 3-0 vs Leeds (but I watched that on TV as a boy) 

The 7-2 I saw on TV and I doubt I'll ever see a scoreline like that again

Seriously the man city game is up there for tactics game plan and control 

i think its a double whammy this week.

the Man City win was the best win i can remember in the last 25+ years, in terms of the opposition, result and manner of the win.

This week, beating 2 of the best 3 team in England, taking 6 points from them, this "week" must be the best actual week of football for Villa, in the last 25+ years, considering the opposition.

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

In 50 years watching Villa, the performance on Wens, accounting for the quality of the opposition, was the best I have ever seen. 1994 Man Ure final was close though

It was a fantastic performance against a very good side. But they did start a Stones-Akanji midfield.

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Seen plenty of top performances since the 70's.

Liverpool 5-1 in 76 but that was really just the first half.

The midweek win is probably the most complete team performance I can remember.

It was only a half, but what a half. Clemence getting nutmegged ffs. 

I get the Wednesday performance totally 

Glad to have witnessed both and one from each end of the ground 

• Like 1