Weekends Football 1/3 December

andykeenan

Ref clearly showing advantage and then blows when City have a man through on goal. Just pathetic from the ref. Think it might been offside if VAR looked at it but that was awful from the ref

Rather City would have won that but at least Spurs didn't.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Spurs getting a result is terrible for us, it means they will probably go above us in the week now, as they play West Ham, whilst we play Man City, even if we beat Man City it's still a bad result for us, because by the end of the season Man City will be way ahead. Also takes some of the shine from our draw today, as at least it meant us gaining a point on Spurs, but now looks like we're going to lose that.

Actually I think Spurs will probably win their next two, by which time they could well be four points ahead of us.

It's also terrible in the sense that Man City rarely have two bad results in a row, so will make Wednesday's game even harder now.

I prefer the draw personally keeps points tighter 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Ref clearly showing advantage and then blows when City have a man through on goal. Just pathetic from the ref. Think it might been offside if VAR looked at it but that was awful from the ref

Jack was well onside.

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

We must have the worst refs in our league. 

Staggeringly bad. 

Worse and worse every year. It's at a crisis level. 

Maybe time for some women and non-white men. They'd know they would be under more scrutiny and have less room for error. Maybe that's what it takes for an improvement!

Just now, Demitri_C said:

You just know now that peps gonna moan at end meaning we will get zero decisions Wednesday night

Will probably want a replay.. oh no wait that's the other moaning tw@t 

But I have no sympathy, the amount of decisions that have gone their way about time they had it!

• Like 1

Just now, Annoyman said:

I think Grealish was onside, but he's also remarkably good at hitting the keeper when clean through on his own

He should've kept going. 

Although I have a feeling he was relieved that it got blown dead.

1 minute ago, sne said:

It's what I don't get, he makes the right decision and then for some reason changed it.  In our game, the ref made the right decision to award the free kick, then somehow doesn't do the next bit in giving the second yellow, just because.  Utterly bizarre.

• Like 1

I have a feeling he's accidentally half-blown his whistle too early, then played the advantage, realised he'd already blown and had to bow to stop it.

If you watch him, he initially puts the whistle to his mouth to give the foul, then plays the advantage, then stops play by blowing - I wonder be too surprised if a little peep crept out the first time he put the whistle to his mouth and he then felt he had to stick with the decision.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Refs blowing up early, linesmen incorrectly flagging when the ball hasn't gone out. 

It's like they're desperate to stop goal scoring opportunities. 

It's maddening. Between that and VAR, they are vanpires of joy. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's what I don't get, he makes the right decision and then for some reason changed it.  In our game, the ref made the right decision to award the free kick, then somehow doesn't do the next bit in giving the second yellow, just because.  Utterly bizarre.

Desperate to not make match deciding calls so they make a bunch of calls that (potentially) decides the games. Not sure it's all due to VAR but refs seem to lack confidence and are somehow worse than ever.

Â