High Line ..Pros and Cons

MWARLEY2

19 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

There was an amazing photo a few weeks ago of our entire backline in exactly the same body shape and ready for action. I can't remember if I saw it here or on Twitter, but if anyone knows the one I mean and can find it for me, they'll receive a Trophy Like on their post.

IMG_0585.jpeg.0143a6e0225fb9df8d0fcd7af0d4a159.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7kqreqh27bzagy7w913

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

There was an amazing photo a few weeks ago of our entire backline in exactly the same body shape and ready for action. I can't remember if I saw it here or on Twitter, but if anyone knows the one I mean and can find it for me, they'll receive a Trophy Like on their post.

769aadc0-766f-11ee-9e3f-c3fbc7eb19c7.jpg

Edited by TB
Should read the entire thread before posting...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was entertaining listening to the Swedish commentators during the Spurs game where they time and time again gave Spurs props for finding space and that long ball behind our back line and that they were causing us a lot of trouble. Not once did they focus the praise the other way by talking about our offside trap and that and coordinated back line put Spurs offside time and time again on those "chances they were talking about. It's like this every game and the commentators just don't get it. They seem to think that we are just lucky or something. You'd think after Son "scoring" 3 offside goals that they would pick up on it but nah.

Yes we are playing with fire and it's fine margins but it's so well drilled that it's very. very calculated. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

On 29/11/2023 at 20:52, MWARLEY2 said:

As a coach you would hang this up in your office wouldn't you. 

I'm not a coach (ICT tech/teacher in a primary school), but when I saw that photograph online the very first thing I did next day was to print it out and hang it up in my office.

(Edit: the local community is football-mad almost to a Bill Shankley-level, but among both staff and pupils the English teams they follow are mainly the usual suspects. As the only Villa fan (that I know of) it's been very nice to have the photograph visible and watch my colleagues grudgingly admire the symmetrical perfection.)

Edited by TB
Added reason why.
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, sne said:

Was entertaining listening to the Swedish commentators during the Spurs game where they time and time again gave Spurs props for finding space and that long ball behind our back line and that they were causing us a lot of trouble. Not once did they focus the praise the other way by talking about our offside trap and that and coordinated back line put Spurs offside time and time again on those "chances they were talking about. It's like this every game and the commentators just don't get it. They seem to think that we are just lucky or something. You'd think after Son "scoring" 3 offside goals that they would pick up on it but nah.

Yes we are playing with fire and it's fine margins but it's so well drilled that it's very. very calculated. 

It's been doing my head in. So much talk of how it's such fine margins for Spurs, and how they're unlucky with the offsides. Completely ignoring the other team on the pitch with them who had a concerted game plan to catch them offside, and who have done such a thing more than any other team in the league by far. It wasn't some unfortunate coincidence FFS.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I enjoyed this childish content from our YouTube admin. Three of the best! 🤣

Pretty sure it's from the tiktok admin. 

I do wish we'd put out more content as the club. The easiest way to grow is through tiktok, YouTube and insta. The asking questions as the players arrive is always good jokes. 

Â