Weekends Football 3/5 November

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The fake derby, so much disdain when people call it Der Klassiker 

Its probably just about squeezes into Germanys top 10 fixtures

Its not even dortmunds main rivalry

I get that it's the title rivalry (sometimes...) but I dunno if it's more because bayern don't really have the derby game (augsburg, come on) so this gets more hype

Newcastle going to be playing like zombies in midweek, putting so much into this game so early.

Think Arsenal will pick them off on the break as this game goes on.

We really play at a controlled pace in vast majority of games, think that will benefit us as the season goes on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its not even dortmunds main rivalry

I get that it's the title rivalry (sometimes...) but I dunno if it's more because bayern don't really have the derby game (augsburg, come on) so this gets more hype

Was a marketing ploy around 2012 when the Clasico was getting hyped that the media coined there own version

Fans hate it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle going to be playing like zombies in midweek, putting so much into this game so early.

Think Arsenal will pick them off on the break as this game goes on.

We really play at a controlled pace in vast majority of games, think that will benefit us as the season goes 

I think you can see the difference between a coach who has spent 15 seasons playing midweek and weekends and one who has never . Our play is as much about not expending too much energy whereever possible.  Squeeze up to make the pitch as small as possible.  Perfect the offside line to stop us chasing all the time. And then spring into attack at the right times. 

Theres is abour running hard , being physical and using the crowd to create energy. 

• Thanks 1

Â